Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobs Resigns!

SGilbert is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Jobs Resigns!

Just over the news wires, no other info yet.

Hope it's not just his health.
    MBP, 17", 2.6GHz Core 2 Duo, 4G RAM, 200G 7200 drive, Hi-Def. Glossy screen; iPhone6

bbloke is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I just saw the news. I was immediately concerned, not so much for Apple but for the man himself. From his statement about not being able to fulfill his duties, my first thoughts were of his health.

Steve Jobs' resignation statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
    To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve
    Apple's follow-up statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Apple's Board of Directors today announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive Officer, and the Board has named Tim Cook, previously Apple's Chief Operating Officer, as the company's new CEO. Jobs has been elected Chairman of the Board and Cook will join the Board, effective immediately.

"Steve's extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as the world's most innovative and valuable technology company," said Art Levinson, Chairman of Genentech, on behalf of Apple's Board. "Steve has made countless contributions to Apple's success, and he has attracted and inspired Apple's immensely creative employees and world class executive team. In his new role as Chairman of the Board, Steve will continue to serve Apple with his unique insights, creativity and inspiration."

"The Board has complete confidence that Tim is the right person to be our next CEO," added Levinson. "Tim's 13 years of service to Apple have been marked by outstanding performance, and he has demonstrated remarkable talent and sound judgment in everything he does."

Jobs submitted his resignation to the Board today and strongly recommended that the Board implement its succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO.

Giaguara is offline Chmod 760
    Thanks
    And stock followup

Apple Corp. stock (Nasdaq: AAPL) shed 5 percent in after-hours trading Wednesday.
    As long as Cook and the others keep the vision(s), no reason to give up the optimism. I hope Steve will stay around for a long time though. Health first. And I doubt anyone will forget Steve's accomplishment on the first or the second round.
    Mac Mini Server | MacBook Pro | iPhone | Other Macs + a bunch of iPods, Newtons and other toys
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~ Samuel Clemens | G's corner | Photos | Game Center, Goodreads etc (just ask)

Satcomer is offline In Geostationary Orbit
    Thanks
    Yep the Stock Market will panic and AAPL will take a beating! This is spite that Mr. Cook has really lead Apple for the last three years.

I really hope Mr. Jobs health gets better and he feels better.
    Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9.1
    2006 Mac Book Pro 2.16 (first Gen) OS X 10.7.5
    2TB Time Capsule, 2 TB
    Black, iPad (3rd Gen) 32G Black

Rhisiart is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Last edited by Rhisiart; August 25th, 2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added link
    Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB 500GB 10.9.2
    Macbook Pro 2.53GHz 4GB 1TB 10.8.5

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there." L. P. Hartley, British novelist 1895 1972

midijeep is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    The man is sicker than hell!!

This picture of Steve Jobs was taken today -- two days after he resigned as the head honcho of Apple.

Rhisiart is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't think we need to see that picture.
    Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB 500GB 10.9.2
    Macbook Pro 2.53GHz 4GB 1TB 10.8.5

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there." L. P. Hartley, British novelist 1895 1972

bbloke is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I can only hope the photo is not genuine. I'm not wanting to contribute to sensationalism about Steve Jobs' health and, in fact, I've not liked it when the media have talked about this a lot, but I'm feeling quite concerned for him recently. There is also news that his biography is being brought forwards, although ostensibly this is unrelated to his health.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast