February 14th, 2005, 02:53 PM #1
Looking for a Lead OS X Systems Administrator for a full CG Film in CA
CritterPix Studios is looking for a Lead OS X Systems Administrator to join us as we create our first CG animated feature length motion picture.
We are looking for an individual who knows OS X inside and out, someone who has practical working knowledge of the Apple G5 hardware (PowerMac, XServe and XServe RAID), and software (OSX server, WebDAV, Open Directory, etc.) solutions and someone who can tackle high end network installations of 400+ G5 clients.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise and develop technical support staff.
• Perform regular management duties (personnel reviews, interviews of new candidates, time management, etc.)
• Perform asset management/reporting and budgeting tasks
• Evaluate business requirements for systems; formulate and recommend solutions. Manage projects to completion ensuring proper written task plan, budget, resources, documentation, etc. are in place.
• Be technically capable to manage, operate, and administer systems hands-on
• Manage an Apple OSX environment
• Manage a large Cisco aggregated gigabit switched network
• Manage a 60 Tb multi-tiered 64-Bit clustered SAN via Xsan
• Configure, install, and support Apple hardware/software and LAN hardware (printers, print servers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
• Support and train end users
• Plan for deployment of new hardware & software
• Identify new technologies that will benefit the company
• Minimum 5 years of experience working as an IT manager
• Cisco certification required
• Fibre Channel / Optical LC to LC deployment experience required
• Apple certification highly desirable
• TCSH scripting experience
• PYTHON scripting experience
• AppleScript experience
• C programming experience highly desirable
• Objective C and Cocoa programming experience highly desirable
• Have experience working within a start-up environment.
• IT project management experience, leading teams in full lifecycle implementation projects of large-scale enterprise deployments with direct responsibility for project-level budget, staff and schedule performance
• Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within the organization through cooperation, organization and communication
• Expert knowledge of our stated technical environment
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, assertive, and results-driven
• Comprehensive networking knowledge with experience in recommending, installing, and managing all aspects of a high end OS X environment
• Proven expertise in building relationships and maintaining confidentiality with regard to 3rd party relationships
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to team and company
• Conducts business with respect for others at all levels of the organization
Please Send All Resume, Demo Reels. Portfolios, Etc. to:
Attn: Human Resources
24 Mitchell Blvd.
San Rafael, CA 94903
or via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If the position you are applying for requires that you submit examples of your work, mail the requested materials (demo reel, portfolio, etc.) with a hard copy of your resume and a detailed credit list.
When submitting your materials (portfolio/reel/drawings/storyboards), please do not include originals