Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    graphicles is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Screen Capture using Windows OS

Is there a way to use Screencapture when you are using Windows OS on a Mac?

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The HOWTO & FAQ forum is for _answers_ and _guides_, not questions and problems. Please do *NOT* create threads there, if you don't want to write a FAQ or a HOWTO. Thank you.

Now on to your question. Are you talking about booting into Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista using BootCamp? Or are you talking about using Windows in a virtual solution like Parallels?

For both situations, the answer is a "yes". There exist a lot of tools for taking screenshots of Windows. However: Those screenshots won't capture anything _outside_ of Windows, i.e. you can't use a Windows screencapture tool running in a Parallels virtual environment in order to take screenshots of what you're running in Mac OS X.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

graphicles is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    oh, ehee, sorry about that, posted it in the wrong forum.

Yea, Im rebooting to WindowsXP. oh, so I still have to install another program to enable the screenshot feature? It doesnt have a built in screencapture if you are using Windows? Can you tell me some of those tools?

ElDiabloConCaca is online now U.S.D.A. Prime
    Thanks
    You can press Control-PrintScreen in Windows (don't know what the Mac keyboard equivalents of those are, though) to copy a screenshot to the clipboard, and then open WordPad and do a "Paste" and you'll have a screenshot there.
    2009 Mac mini 2.0GHz 2010 MacBook Air 11" 2010 MacBook Pro 13" LED 24" Cinema Display
    PowerMac G4 MDD dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4 Yikes! iPad 2 32GB 2 x iPhone 4 16GB iPod Touch 8GB iPod nano 1GB iPod shuffle 1GB AirPort Extreme dual-band AppleTV
    http://www.jeffhoppe.com

nixgeek is offline Mac of the SubGenius! :-)
    Thanks
    On a Windows PC, it's usually the Print Screen key that does it. However, I'm not sure on a Mac using Boot Camp to run Windows XP. Have you tried using the Apple-Option-3 or Apple-Option-4 key combos to see if it works? It's possible that the the Boot Camp drivers disc along with Boot Camp itself might make it this way for Windows on the Macs, but usually it's the Print Screen key.
    Apple iMac G5 17" (2 GHz G5) - Mac OS X 10.5.8/Ubuntu 10.04
    Asus Eee PC 901 (1.6 GHz Atom N270) - Fedora 13
    Apple Macintosh Quadra 650 (33 MHz MC68040) - Mac OS 8.1
    "JHVH-1" (2 GHz AMD Athlon XP 2400+) - Slackware 13.1

byronw70 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Use the onscreen keyboard

If you are using a Mac keyboard which does not have the PRTSc (Print Screen) button, you can use the on screen keyboard which is in Programs\ Accessories\ Accessibility folder under the start menu

When you run this onscreen keyboard, you can hit Print screen, or Alt- Printscreen to capture either the entire screen, or your active window as required
    Imac G4 700, 640MB RAM and superdrive running OS X Tiger

Bemidji is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    When using Windows on my OS X, I have also used F14 to capture the screen image, or alt+F14 to capture the window image.

cluksha is offline Registered User
    Thanks

MacBook

How 'bout on the macbook pro? There is no f14 key. I am running boot camp on the MBPro

I would love to find this answer

Thanks!
    Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast