Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Carlin Green is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Bootcamp x64 is not supported

My computer woes never end... I've solved all the problems on my Mac side, now, onto Windows....

I just bought a brand new copy of Windows 7 64-bit. I installed it fine, but when I insert the OS X CD for drivers, I get a message that says "Bootcamp x64 is not supported" I went into the Disc and tried to run "Bootcamp64", but it tells me I need to run it through "setup.exe". Since I'm not familiar with Windows, I'm a bit lost here. Does anyone know what to do?

ElDiabloConCaca is offline U.S.D.A. Prime
    Thanks
    Looks like installing Windows 7 64-bit is NOT all "smooth sailing." Perhaps this gentleman's article will help getting around some of those quirks:

http://mattgemmell.com/2010/01/10/wi...h-snow-leopard
    2009 Mac mini 2.0GHz 2010 MacBook Air 11" 2010 MacBook Pro 13" LED 24" Cinema Display
    PowerMac G4 MDD dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4 Yikes! iPad 2 32GB 2 x iPhone 4 16GB iPod Touch 8GB iPod nano 1GB iPod shuffle 1GB AirPort Extreme dual-band AppleTV
    http://www.jeffhoppe.com

Satcomer is offline In Geostationary Orbit
    Thanks
    I got around this by using the Windows 7 install disk to reformatted the Bootcamp partition to NTFS. I can't remember where I say to do that on the net But it seem to work and I can use my retail 10.6 disk to install the drivers.
    Ii decided to do this because of of work VPN issues.

I use (on Windows 7 64) MacDrive and on 10.6 I use NTFS-3G 2010.8.8 to shares disks and things between the two partitions, in side my Mac. Plus if you take your Mac to work the NTFS-3G might come in handy for 10.6.
    Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9.1
    2006 Mac Book Pro 2.16 (first Gen) OS X 10.7.5
    2TB Time Capsule, 2 TB
    Black, iPad (3rd Gen) 32G Black