Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Paul C is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Mac mini and video capture

I have a new spec mac mini and want a video capture card for camcorder and console recording, I was looking at a black magic intensity because it has hdmi but it's USB 3.0 only and the thunderbolt version is 100 more at 250, does anyone know of other options apart from the hauppauge he pvr as that is only composite input and isn't compatible with iMovie

Thanks in advance

Paul

ElDiabloConCaca is offline U.S.D.A. Prime
    Thanks
    Typically USB devices are backward-compatible, so a device that mentions USB 3.0 is also compatible with USB 2.0.

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer and verifying this.
    2009 Mac mini 2.0GHz 2010 MacBook Air 11" 2010 MacBook Pro 13" LED 24" Cinema Display
    PowerMac G4 MDD dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4 Yikes! iPad 2 32GB 2 x iPhone 4 16GB iPod Touch 8GB iPod nano 1GB iPod shuffle 1GB AirPort Extreme dual-band AppleTV
    http://www.jeffhoppe.com

Paul C is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't think the Intensity Shuttle will work because it says "USB 3.0. Requires an x58 based motherboard with onboard USB 3.0, or a USB 3.0 PCI Express card and an x58 or P55 series motherboard. Does not support USB 2.0 capture and playback. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements." here: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/pro...ity/techspecs/

So it looks like Hauppauge HD PVR or a cheaper option would be EasyCap for a lower quality capture

Cheers for the help anyways