Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amie is offline Mac Convert for Life
    Thanks

iPod Nano Can Hold Music Videos???

I just updated my iPod software ... and now I notice there's a playlist on the display that says "Music Videos." I swear it wasn't there before. So I'm guessing the new iPod software now allows Nanos to download music videos? Is this correct?
    RIP iBook G4. You were the best computer for 8 years and you never failed at ANYTHING. I am the proud new owner of a MacBook Air. Do NOT be fooled by its sleek, super lightweight design. It's a POWERFULLY AWESOME lil' machine.

Moptop is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    More likely that it just plays the audio from the videos.

The only way to play videos on a nano is IpodLinux.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moptop View Post
    More likely that it just plays the audio from the videos.

The only way to play videos on a nano is IpodLinux.
    But that doesn't make sense. Why would it play audio from music videos? That's what downloading songs are for audio playback. How can you download music videos on a Nano if it doesn't support music videos? Wouldn't you just download songs for audio?

I'm confuzzled...
    RIP iBook G4. You were the best computer for 8 years and you never failed at ANYTHING. I am the proud new owner of a MacBook Air. Do NOT be fooled by its sleek, super lightweight design. It's a POWERFULLY AWESOME lil' machine.

eric2006 is offline iMovie Professional
    Thanks
    That's what iPod Linux is for.
    Power to Burn.
    At speeds of up to 733MHz,
    The most powerful Mac in history
    burns CDs, burns DVDs, and
    burns Pentiums

- apple website, oct 4, 1999. advertisement for the powermac g4

Mikuro is offline Crotchety UI Nitpicker
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    But that doesn't make sense. Why would it play audio from music videos? That's what downloading songs are for audio playback. How can you download music videos on a Nano if it doesn't support music videos? Wouldn't you just download songs for audio?

I'm confuzzled...
    Well, I have the music videos of some songs I do NOT have in any other form.

However, if you can play movies with it using hacks, then clearly the hardware is there, so it doesn't seem impossible to me that Apple's latest update might use it. I have no Nano, so I really have no idea. Only one way to find out: try it out!
    Mac mini 1.25GHz G4, 1GB RAM OS 10.5.8
    MacBook Pro 2.26GHz C2D, 8GB RAM OS 10.6.8

Useful programs: Privoxy, Butler, ffmpegX, VLC, Perian, Tofu, Wcalc

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The thought behind it is that you buy music videos and watch them in iTunes but you can still _listen_ to them on the iPod nano. It's not intended as a video player (clearly, see resolution and size of screen), but a music video still contains music. This _does_ make sense if you see iTunes not only as a means to transport stuff to your iPod, but also as a media player, which it clearly is. Try it. Take some video and say it is a music video. See what happens when you synch your iPod nano.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fryke View Post
    The thought behind it is that you buy music videos and watch them in iTunes but you can still _listen_ to them on the iPod nano. It's not intended as a video player (clearly, see resolution and size of screen), but a music video still contains music. This _does_ make sense if you see iTunes not only as a means to transport stuff to your iPod, but also as a media player, which it clearly is. Try it. Take some video and say it is a music video. See what happens when you synch your iPod nano.
    Well, that's just silly. If I'm not going to be able to watch the video on my iPod, I wouldn't buy the video; I'd just buy the song.

ElDiabloConCaca is offline U.S.D.A. Prime
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    Well, that's just silly. If I'm not going to be able to watch the video on my iPod, I wouldn't buy the video; I'd just buy the song.
    True, but not everyone in the world uses iTunes and their iPods exactly like you.

My friend has a 5.5-Gen iPod Video model, as well as a nano. There are a few music videos that he would like to be able to view on iTunes as well as his video iPod, but would also like to simply listen to the song on his nano.

In my case, there are a few music videos that I'd like to be able to view and listen to through iTunes while I'm at home, and simply listen to the music on my non-video iPods.

Just because it doesn't exactly fit your lifestyle and usage habits doesn't mean it doesn't fit anyone's lifestyle and/or usage habits (i.e., it may seem silly to you, but that's only one person out of millions).
    2009 Mac mini 2.0GHz 2010 MacBook Air 11" 2010 MacBook Pro 13" LED 24" Cinema Display
    PowerMac G4 MDD dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4 Yikes! iPad 2 32GB 2 x iPhone 4 16GB iPod Touch 8GB iPod nano 1GB iPod shuffle 1GB AirPort Extreme dual-band AppleTV
    http://www.jeffhoppe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast