Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cow Loon is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Copy music TO ipod without itunes?

I have music in my computer and I have my friend here with her ipod. I would like to put my music on her ipod. But, iTunes appears to only give me the option to delete the contents of her ipod and sync it with my iTunes money funnel.

I've seen many programs for partially bypassing the ipod sync racket by allowing you to copy files from the ipod onto your computer, is there something to do the opposite? Copy files to the ipod without syncying?

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can copy the music to the harddrive part of her iPod. She can then import the songs to her iTunes library and synch with the iPod and delete the songs from the harddrive part. However: This is only legal for the music you've created yourself, basically.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

Lt Major Burns is offline "Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
    Thanks
    you could also use something like SuperDuper! to do a direct clone of the whole ipod across. she would have a duplicate of your ipod...
    Dual 1.8GHz G5 2GB, 1TB, Radeon 9600XT 128MB, 10.5
    20" Apple Cinema Display + Dell 2005FPW 20" dual-head
    iBook G3 700MHz
    640MB, 40GB, Rage128 16MB, 10.4, dying battery

Thanks
    But that would _also_ delete her iPod, so that's not a solution.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

Cow Loon is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Oh, I didn't notice that the ipod is mounted. So, I can put music files on it, but I think I don't have access to them to play on the ipod, is that right? That was what I wanted to do, to put some music on my friend's ipod so she could listen to it.

I did also try to see if she can see the files, but on her windows machine the ipod doesn't seem to be mounted. So, I'm not sure how she gets access to the files.

In any case this is so outrageously offensive that the thing works this way. I bought a 1G ipod nano for the sole purpose of listening to audio books while doing various things, so I didn't really think much about how all this works.

The idea that we pay them to prevent us from having access to our own property is ridiculous. DRM must be stopped.

I'm waiting for a small device with a simple hard drive on it, in case I want to have a portable music player some day.

megal_1 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Best solutions: iPod without iTunes

Xilisoft iPod rip is a perfect iPod copy, iPod ripping software to rip and copy photos, music, songs, video, movie, podcast and TV program from iPod to PC, iPod to iTunes. The iPod copy software supports iPod to iTunes transfer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to megal_1 For This Useful Post:

CharlieJ (November 8th, 2008)

CharlieJ is offline R.I.P bobw
    Thanks

Exclamation

Senuti-Hope this helps.

This Xillisoft looks as if its for Windows...
    This is a 'Mac OSX' forum...
    :P

EDIT: I looked on their site.. Its for Mac too... (but it costs)
    Charlie.
    MacPro 2.8GHz 8-Core 6GB DDR3 1333MHz MacBook 2.1GHz 4GB ram 500GB HD Snow Leopard/Lion/Ubuntu iMac 3.06Ghz c2d 4GB 1066GHz iPhone 3Gs 16GB White (in a black case) (Custom 4.2.1) iPhone 4 16GB (Custom 4.2.1) iPad 1g 16GB Wifi (4.2.1 Jailbroken)
    tilted.me.uk
    R.I.P Bobw.

Thanks
    yamipod also works. -> www.yamipod.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast