Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    martinpkillen is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Using a Sony mp3 Walkman with Mac OSX

I have been given a Sony Walkman MP3 player, but no software. I can drag and drop tracks onto the player since it appears as a removable drive, but the player doesn't recognize the tracks as being there.

Could you tell me what software I should use to transfer mp3 files to my Sony NW-A1000 walkman please?

Thanks

Martin

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Windows. And Sony's walkman software only available for Windows. Sucks, but that's Sony for you. :/ I'd sell it and get an iPod nano instead.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

Satcomer is offline In Geostationary Orbit
    Thanks
    Give the free application iTuneMyWalkman a try.
    Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9.1
    2006 Mac Book Pro 2.16 (first Gen) OS X 10.7.5
    2TB Time Capsule, 2 TB
    Black, iPad (3rd Gen) 32G Black

nataku is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I also like to buy a Sony Network Walkman, but I want to be sure that the application you gave works. Please tell us if it does.

Thanks

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It works for my SE mobile phone which is called "walkman" (w810i), but I don't think it handles ATRAC files or anything, it simply copies MP3 and AAC files to the right places. Look at the app to see what devices it supports. Maybe yours is listed?
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

silentwings is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    just to let you know, my brand new Sony NWZ-S638F works well with MacOS X 10.5. It's like an USB drive where i can put folders and subfolders with mp3 and m4a music. As soon as i disconnect the device, it creates some kind of directory index and i can play every track without problems.

marla_signer is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Sony mp3 player with MAC OSX

Hello,
    I have the same problem, I recently switched to Mac. It only recognizes my Sony as a usb mass storage and that's ok, I can drag and drop. The problem is that when I connect it, it opens !photo. I close !photo and when I try to eject my mp3 player, !photo opens again. In the end, it won't eject properly because the !photo keeps on opening again. Is there anything I can do so that it doesn't open !photo?

thank you

DeltaMac is online now Tech
    Thanks
    Try opening your System Preferences, then CDs & DVDs pref pane. You should see one setting there that will open iPhoto - probably for pictures, so change that drop down to something else ("Ignore" should work fine)
    Serendipity is a lucky guess !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast