Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    skumar2011 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Virtual Display Driver for Mac

Hi Guys,

I want to develop a "Virtual Display Driver" on Mac OS X which will create a (virtual)mirror image of original desktop on the same local machine i.e. at a time we can see two desktop on a single machine. When we will open the an application in original desktop same application is also mirrored in virtual desktop vice a versa. We can see two desktop in single monitor on a local machine.

I also want to know that is it require driver implementation or we can implement it just like an application?

Please give me any idea how to proceed.
    Any helpful link is very much helpful for me.

Thankx.

Sunil

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't exactly understand. You want _one_ display split in half and both the left and right (or top and bottom) half show exactly the same thing?
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

Thanks
    Hi fryke,
    First of all thanks to showing your interest in solving my problems.

I don't want to split one display in half.

I want to create a virtual image of the whole desktop on the same local machine. Where we can see two same desktop at a time in single monitor one will be the original desktop and second will be the virtually created. It is something like mirroring the monitor of a local machine. An action on any desktop will also be reflected on other desktop.

waiting for reply.

fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    So you have _two_ displays connected, then. This already exists. Just select "video mirroring" in the Displays preference pane.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

DeltaMac is online now Tech
    Thanks
    OR, you could use something that already exists - VirtueDesktops
    http://virtuedesktops.info/index.php/about/
    Serendipity is a lucky guess !

Thanks

Virtual Desktop Display for Mac

Thanks for reply.

The link which u have mentioned there is one application named "VirtueDesktops". This application maintain the different desktop session.
    As I have mentioned in my post I want to develop a driver or an application which will create the Virtual Desktop on the same monitor. Its functionality like VNC which works on network or internet where VNCViewer can see the VNCServer Desktop. I don't want to create two application like VNCServer and VNCViewer ,I want to create single driver or application which will show my own desktop in the same monitor where my original desktop is i.e. we can see two desktop at a time on a single monitor,one will be the original and second will be the virtually created. If we pass any event like launching the an application or opening a folder etc. in either of the desktop same thing mirrored in the second desktop on the same monitor.

bobw is offline The Late: SuperMacMod
    Thanks
    Call me stupid, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense to me.

You want to have a duplicate desktop on top of the original?

Or are you doing this for network use?

Please explain in more detail

As for a VNC Viewer, it doesn't see another desktop, it sees the original/normal desktop when you connect.

Thanks
    yes I want to have a duplicate desktop on top or beside of the original desktop.
    I want to create a duplicate copy of whole desktop on the local machine not on the network and we can see both the desktop (original and duplicate) in a single monitor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast