Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    caribooyj is offline ... somewhere in B.C. ...
    Thanks

Color change with screensaver

I am having this strange "color change" happening after the screen saver has been activated. I move the mouse to close the screen saver and the grayish color scheme (graphite) has changed to a light blue. I then have to go into the control panel and click on display to get the graphite back. No problem until the next time screen saver becomes active. I took a screen shot with "Grab" but noticed on opening the pic. it's the correct (graphite) color - it was light blue when I saved the picture.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

t0m
    Mac Book Pro 17"
    2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X 10.4.9

andychrist is offline devil's plaything
    Thanks
    What are you using Application Enhancer for? I don't see any Unsanity haxies in your System Preferences.

BTW, I take it you are a switcher?

Thanks
    Yes, I'm a switcher...

I use application enhancer for "Clear Dock" and LCC scroll enhancer...
    I've checked settings in System Preferences>Color>Display Profile and noticed the color my screen is switching to is: Generic RGB Profile. Should I just delete that profile?
    thx

t0m
    Mac Book Pro 17"
    2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

Thanks
    Uhm, so you mean to say that your Display Profile settings are changing back and forth? Because "Graphite" and "Blue" are Appearance settings, those differences would show up in the screen shot, which actually does look like Graphite to me. Can't fathom why your Display Profiles should be changing though. I would create a new folder and label it "Display Profiles(Disabled) and put the offending RGB there temporarily, until you can figure out what is causing the instability.

BTW, what Screen Saver are you using? Do all of them cause the same problem?

Thanks
    Do all of them cause the same problem?

Good question, I should try that. I'm using a slide show... folder in iPhoto.

And yes, it is changing, but not really back and forth, as I have to manually go into the control panel and click on display to get it back to normal. But that's all. I don't even go into the settings and change it back, just clicking on display (in System Preferences) will bring the colors back. Its not "Blue" as in the appearance settings. The photo I've attached doesn't show the color, but it was showing when I took it with "Grab". Very strange, but I will try your suggestions and move the RGB temporarily. thanks again.

t0m
    Mac Book Pro 17"
    2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

Flying Meat is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I'm thinking this is a known bug.
    What model Mac do you have?

I've seen this with my Core Duo MacBook Pro at work. I have a second display attached, and sometimes after waking the screen saver, I get a loss of quality. Seems like it looses some saturation, and contrast.
    In my case it makes drop shadows (under the menu bar, around windows...) look washed out, and everything is a little more pale over all.

Since I have another display attached, I just reach up and disconnect the second display. The system resets the built in display, it's fine, I plug the second display back in, the system resets the built in display and it's still fine.

On average, I'd guess it happens about once a day.

More annoying than a problem. It might be covered in Apple's discussion forums.
    Last edited by Flying Meat; February 1st, 2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: clarification

Flying Meat is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I found this link from the Apple discussion forums.
    Sounds like what you have described.

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/maco...olor/index.php

I'll have to give it a try...

Thanks
    I think that caribooyj is having a slightly different problem from the one discussed in that forum, Flying Meat, because he can get the display profile back. Though I do think the underlying problem might be related.
    Last edited by andychrist; February 1st, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast