Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scisco is offline Registered User
    Thanks

copying iphoto albums/folders

I'm new to Mac and i photo.
    I have a number of events on iphoto which i would like to burn to dvd for future use on mac and pc.
    I'm using Toast 8 Titanium to burn the dvd.

When I try dragging the events over to Toast, it copies all the photos, without maintaining the original event structure. I just get a list of files, hundreds of unorganised photos, no folders.

I tried organising the events into albums, but Toast won't let me drag an album to the "my disc" panel.

It seems I have to manually create new folders in Toast and drag the photos or events into these newly created and empty folders. This is a complicated solution as I have to copy 15 events... Is there no simple way to do this?

Thanks.

Giaguara is offline Chmod 760
    Thanks
    Burn the photo DVD using iPhoto?
    Mac Mini Server | MacBook Pro | iPhone | Other Macs + a bunch of iPods, Newtons and other toys
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~ Samuel Clemens | G's corner | Photos | Game Center, Goodreads etc (just ask)

Thanks
    If i'm not mistaken, burning a photo dvd using iphoto is ideal if you want to view the pics on iphoto in the future (it creates a "modified" folder, an "original" folder, an iphoto library icon etc).

I just need a dvd with the original folder/event organisation, one copy of each photo, and I need it to be viewable on PC and MAC.

On PC i would just drag the folders onto the disc panel on Nero Burning...

skybolt is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Use the "export" command rather than dragging and dropping. Should be able to export album by album to your desktop and then burn using Toast. The burn function is iPhoto is, indeed, meant to be used with iPhoto -- structure etc, will only be usable in iPhoto.
    Mary

Thanks
    if i try exporting an album with say 10 pictures to the desktop, iphoto exports the 10 files and places 10 separate icons on my desktop!

it doesn't create a folder...

if i have to export several albums and i have to create new folders manually for each album this gets lengthy and complicated...

jbarley is offline One more, for the road!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scisco View Post
    if i try exporting an album with say 10 pictures to the desktop, iphoto exports the 10 files and places 10 separate icons on my desktop!

if i have to export several albums and i have to create new folders manually for each album this gets lengthy and complicated...
    Try creating a New Folder on your desktop, and export to this newly created folder.
    It will take maybe 5 seconds to create 5 new folders.
    jb
    "I would never want to be a member of a group who worship a man nailed to two pieces of wood"
    -Anonymous

philippe99 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    (*) In Toast > Video-CD, open MediaBrowser(CTRL-S);
    select "Photos" for 1st scrool-down menu, than "All Albums" for the second;
    drag album(s) to the ToastWindow; one dragged album= one entry in the DVD menu
    on the lower left part of Toast's window, select the menu's type (and attributes) you want for the DVD's menu; also enable (if required) the button for adding a raw copy of the photos to DVD (for people who want to extract the photos for their personal use);
    burn
    (*) or using iDVD
    Phil
    Imac G5 (b) 20'' 1GRam 10.4.10
    French Nisuswriter blog

skybolt is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scisco View Post

Not at the mac, so can't say for sure, but seems like when I export and choose my desktop, I am given an option down in the lower left of the pane (where you choose "desktop") that says New Folder. You can create a folder from there and put the photos into it.
    Mary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast