Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
    ryosym is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Exclamation Keychain access? Remove it?

I changed my previous password using the reset disc. Now the keychain access box keeps popping up everywhere I go, asking for some password. I can't even check my email.
    Of course, I reset my Mac login password because I've forgotten it. So I can't type in the keychain pass. I tried deleting the keychains, and I have, all except for "System" and "System roots"- but deleting the other keychains didn't change anything... still can't check my email.

How do I remove this keychain thing once and for all?

Thanks.

ElDiabloConCaca is offline U.S.D.A. Prime
    Thanks
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1631

Follow the instructions under "Forgot my keychain password" at the bottom.
    2009 Mac mini 2.0GHz 2010 MacBook Air 11" 2010 MacBook Pro 13" LED 24" Cinema Display
    PowerMac G4 MDD dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4 Yikes! iPad 2 32GB 2 x iPhone 4 16GB iPod Touch 8GB iPod nano 1GB iPod shuffle 1GB AirPort Extreme dual-band AppleTV
    http://www.jeffhoppe.com

ryosym is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I already deleted the login keychain, but I'm still being asked for a password everywhere I go. (that's what the problem is)

djackmac is offline ACMT
    Thanks
    This is common when forcing a password reset that unless you know your old password which is essentially the keychain password, that message will keep popping up. So you need to get rid of the old keychain. With newer versions of OSX (specifically 10.6.x) once you force reset your password then OSX will give you the option of creating a new keychain. You're going to need to do it the old fashioned way. Go to users/username/library/keychains folder and delete the login.keychain file. Reboot/rinse...