September 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM #1
Restricting Internet Sharing (sharing ethernet connection with ap)
I am attempting to restrict who can connect to my mac mini's airport in order to access it's ethernet connection. I do not want to do this via encryption however but rather by:
1. Restricting the mac addresses that can connect.
2. (preferrably) When a user connects, they are presented with a webpage that requests they log in.
Has anyone ever done anything similar to this? I know I have seen that application that allows you to do this with an actual airport unit however I want to use the airport card that is built into my mini.
Programming/scripting something will not be a problem.
Last edited by Untitled; September 27th, 2005 at 02:46 PM.
- Mac mini 1.42Ghz, BT/AP/80GB, BenQ FP931
- 1100+ xServes
- iPod 3G(10GB) Dualboots to Linux & iPodOS
- 80GB external USB/FW HD/DeskJet 3745, Epson Perfection 1200U, Wacom Tablet