Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    fryke is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's only for importing Outlook 2001 MACINTOSH version stuff.

But first, we have to definitely know what version of Outlook she's using on the PC. Often, people refer to Outlook Express when saying "Outlook", which is an entirely different beast from the application that comes with Office for Windows.

Either way, I think the most simple way is to install the free version of Eudora on both the PC and the Mac. On the PC, you import things from Outlook to Eudora, then export Eudora's settings to the Mac, there import it into Eudora and then let the final mail handler handle the import from Eudora.
    Mac user since 1987. Running Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" & an iMac 27" and whatever's newest for my iPhone 5s, iPad Air and AppleTV 3.

dmetzcher is offline Metzcher.com
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe
    Do you have any idea how many messages you are sacrificing for the ability to organize the rest?
    None. If what you say is true about Entourage concealing mail on Exchange servers, this doesn't actually affect me, but I find it strange that Microsoft's own product conceals mail on their server platform that Apple Mail reveals. If this is a real issue, I'd have to agree with you that Entourage certainly has issues that need to be resolved in order for the product to be viable. To answer your real question: I would not sacrifice getting my mail for being able to organize it. But, on the other hand, I get too much mail, and might be happy if Entourage lost a few messages for me.

Also...
    Didn't Apple's Mail app just start fully supporting Exchange as of OS 10.4? "Better connectivity" or something...I don't remember. I just remember reading something about issues with Mail and Exchange being resolved in 10.4, so someone else can fill in the blanks.
    Dennis R. Metzcher
    Metzcher.com

MisterMe is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dmetzcher
    .... I find it strange that Microsoft's own product conceals mail on their server platform that Apple Mail reveals. If this is a real issue, I'd have to agree with you that Entourage certainly has issues that need to be resolved in order for the product to be viable.
    Oh, no! Microsoft would never sell a product that is incompatible with other products in its own product line On a serious note, my firm has also implemented web access to its Exchange server. I ensure that I am not missing anything by periodically checking the web client. In the past, I simply ran Mail in parallel with Entourage 2004. This is no longer possible since our IT staff "upgraded" our Exchange server rendering it incompatible with Mail. This exchange has dealt with the issue of getting email from Exchange via Entourage. While not dealbreakers, Entourage 2004 has other problems that are mind-boggling in their stupidity. I said it before and I will say it now: "Mac users need a working MacOS X port of Outlook. Entourage 2004 should be cast onto a dungheap."
    Quote Originally Posted by dmetzcher
    Also...
    Didn't Apple's Mail app just start fully supporting Exchange as of OS 10.4? "Better connectivity" or something...I don't remember. I just remember reading something about issues with Mail and Exchange being resolved in 10.4, so someone else can fill in the blanks.
    Yes, it is true that Apple added Exchange settings to Mail with MacOS X 10.4. Prior to MacOS X 10.4, Exchange users were forced to use IMAP when accessing their email. It is also true that Microsoft added Exchange settings to its POS with Entourage 2004. Up through Entourage v.X, Exchange users were forced to access their email via IMAP--just like they did with Mail.

Dj macintosh is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Do not use entorage(sp) it sucks because it scares me when it boots and just use mail apple are better programmers

dmetzcher is offline Metzcher.com
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj macintosh
    Do not use entorage(sp) it sucks because it scares me when it boots and just use mail apple are better programmers
    What are you talking about: "...it scares me when it boots..." ??
    Dennis R. Metzcher
    Metzcher.com

dbrsystems is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Check http://littlemachines.com Outlook2Mac

Works Great

asousa is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    after you convert everthing from outlook to mac....is there a way to ever convert it back to .pst if I decide to go back to a PC? Could I just import all the emails with outlook?

MisterMe is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Entourage does not create .pst files. Isn't Microsoft wonderful?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast