Free?

Looks like it's $15
    How free?

waiton is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterSy View Post
    Looks like it's $15
    How free?
    Well it has been 9 months since the last post... they've probably decided to charge money for the service now, doesn't surprise me. Outlook for Mac should be becoming available at the end of the year so these guys probably want to make some money before they become obsolete.

paulkatzoff is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Yes, sorry about that. We had a free Beta up for a while. Now it's $14.95.

jeanlee411 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe View Post
    To each his own, I suppose. For me, an email program is supposed to deliver my email. If it doesn't, that is pretty much a dealbreaker. Do you have any idea how many messages you are sacrificing for the ability to organize the rest?
    "Microsoft provides an import mechanism for bringing over .pst files created by Outlook 2001 (for the Mac). This is done via a free app that is downloadable from the Microsoft website. Although Outlook 2001 can read Outlook:win files, the app does not allow you to convert Outlook files that were created on Windows. "
    Last edited by Cheryl; April 17th, 2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: removed links

darkew is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello,

I've tried the O2M and it didn't work. I had email from 2002 and on, but it only exported until July 1st, 2009, for every folder.

I have already switched to the Mac and I have a copy of the original PST files.

Is there a way to convert these files for use with Apple Mail already on the Mac?

Thanks.

darkew is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I found a solution on this very forum - it worked almost perfectly for me, although I didn't get the attachments. I'll just paste it here:

The fix by ScottiouS above got me all the way from Outlook on WinXP to Mail in Mac OS 10.5 via Thunderbird. Here's a walk-through of the steps for clarity. Thanks everyone for posting the helpful info...

------------

How-To - How to transfer PST files from Outlook (Win XP) to Mac OS X 10.5 Mail (2008.08):

Install Mozilla Thunderbird on the PC

When opening Thunderbird for first time, let it import all emails and contacts (select "Outlook" from the drop-down menu)

This converts all your files to the mbox format (note that no suffix appears after the file name for mbox files)

Locate the Thunderbird mail files. In Win XP, the location is something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\[eightcharactercode].default\Mail\Local Folders

Copy the folders/files you want from the PC to the Mac using a USB drive, etc.

Download the free Eudora Mailbox Cleaner program onto the Mac: http://homepage.mac.com/aamann/Eudor....html#Download

Open the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner and put the .app file into the Application folder (or the desktop)

Make sure Mail is closed on the Mac

Simply drag the copied master mailbox folder (or specific folders) onto the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner.app icon, then select "Thunderbird" as the source

After opening Mail, look for the "Imported" mailbox folders

You will need to select each new mailbox individually, then click Mailbox -> Rebuild from the menus to populate email mailbox

That's all!

wouldrichest is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe View Post
    To each his own, I suppose. For me, an email program is supposed to deliver my email. If it doesn't, that is pretty much a dealbreaker. Do you have any idea how many messages you are sacrificing for the ability to organize the rest?
    Microsoft provides an import mechanism for bringing over .pst files created by Outlook 2001 (for the Mac). This is done via a free app that is downloadable from the Microsoft website. Although Outlook 2001 can read Outlook:win files, the app does not allow you to convert Outlook files that were created on Windows.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234