Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Mac

nighthawk45750 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

My First Mac

After all my Mac bashing, I finally bought one. It's one of the Fruity Color G3's. It has a 333Mhz CPU, 160mb ram, 6Gb HD, and 6Mb Video Ram. It's running Panther. I know it’s not the newest thing around, but I love OS X. I really love all the desktop animations. It's fun and easy to use. I was having some trouble with it when I first bought it, but it was surprisingly easy to fix. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would buy a Mac, but I'm glad I did. I'm even considering buying a new MacBook. I'm still using my windows machine, but XP had nothing on OS X. You've lost another one, Mr. gates

p.s. could someone point me in the direction of a manual for this beast? thanks.

Satcomer is online now In Geostationary Orbit
    Thanks
    Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9.1
    2006 Mac Book Pro 2.16 (first Gen) OS X 10.7.5
    2TB Time Capsule, 2 TB
    32G iPhone 4S Black, iPad (3rd Gen) 32G Black

eric2006 is offline iMovie Professional
    Thanks
    There's a brief overview here as well:
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/MacOSX10.3_Welcome.pdf

Power to Burn.
    At speeds of up to 733MHz,
    The most powerful Mac in history
    burns CDs, burns DVDs, and
    burns Pentiums

- apple website, oct 4, 1999. advertisement for the powermac g4

symphonix is offline Scratch & Sniff Committee
    Thanks
    I have one of those G3 iMacs as my spare desktop (Bondi Blue).

They are great little machines and, for a low cost personal computer that is over 7 years old they are still very desirable, useful and sought after.

A little advice if you ever want to hook it up to wireless, be warned that Apple's oringal Airport card, and the riser board that you require to fit it, are both becoming very rare and expensive to acquire. A good USB 802.11g wireless dongle will do the job better at a fraction of the cost, but make sure you get one that specifically says it supports MacOSX.
    - iMac G5 1.8GHZ 17" | SuperDrive | 160GB | 512MB | Airport Extreme | Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse | Wacom Intuos II
    - Pentax *ist DL - JVC MiniDV Camcorder - Airport Express - iPod Nano 1gb white

nighthawk45750 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for the links. Im definetly getting that manual. I usually learn something by exploring it, but i really dont feel like messing this computer up. It didnt come with any disks, but for 20 bucks, I cant complain.

vanostade is offline Registered User
    In a mountanous district of the North Alps , in the east of France . Not much to do in winter if you gave up skiing ...
    Thanks
    from user vanostade
    "I too am so happy now with an iMac !! When I could afford one some years ago , nobody but a Windows retailer showed up at my MD office , though . But I have regreted ever since not to have that beautiful egg on my desk . instead of an ugly table-top , wires , and a bulky monitor ...I have an OS 10,3 on it & amperfectly glad .Only 2 problems , has anybody solutions fot them ?
    I°/ Am afraid after 2 hours running the body overheats : hood very hot , light burning plastic smell ...I usually switch my Mac off after 2 hours , but once the image froze , which I atributed to overheating . I took off the lid of the vent , to let more air go into - and stopped to use the tilted-up screen position , which , I think , obturates the blowhole under the body .
    2°/ When I registered in " macosx.com" , I was asked to give my email , and then saw that my Mac couln't receive the answer since I am on MSN hotmail.fr . How can I get my MSN emails on my Mac ?
    Thanks to every kind corespondant

philippe99 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Vanostade
    (1) quel iMac as-tu ? les 1ers imac G5 blanc (les 1,7GHz 17'') sont réputés pour souffrir de la chaleur
    (2) pour récupérer tes Hotmail dans mail, il te faut un plug-in, du genre 'httpmail': http://mac-gratuit.fr/gratuit-266.html; je ne sais pas si cela fonctionne avec un hotmail.fr; Billou est réputé pour empêcher toute vélléité d'acces tiers à ses outils; sinon, c'est le moment de changer pour un Gmail

Phil
    Imac G5 (b) 20'' 1GRam 10.4.10
    French Nisuswriter blog

VirtualTracy is offline Thunderbirds are GO!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe99 View Post
    Vanostade
    (1) quel iMac as-tu ? les 1ers imac G5 blanc (les 1,7GHz 17'') sont réputés pour souffrir de la chaleur
    (2) pour récupérer tes Hotmail dans mail, il te faut un plug-in, du genre 'httpmail': http://mac-gratuit.fr/gratuit-266.html; je ne sais pas si cela fonctionne avec un hotmail.fr; Billou est réputé pour empêcher toute vélléité d'acces tiers à ses outils; sinon, c'est le moment de changer pour un Gmail

Phil
    link ne march pas.

I nearly was able to translate all of the above. Je l'apprends moi meme. I got up to Billou, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast