Gawab.com Mail and Mail.app

I am having trouble sending messages from Mail.app with a Gawab.com POP account. I can recieve messages fine, but on their POP and SMTP setup page it has instructions for Outlook (which I would never want to use a microsoft program) only. I have turned on SSL for the SMTP Server, but with no results. I get the error message "Message delivery failed." If anyone here has a Gawab account that they got working in Mail.app, please help.

P.S. - POP setup page: http://www.gawab.info/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=4

Thanks in Advance! :cool:

Well I think I may have figured it out. Here on my peecee, which I rarely use, Mozilla Thunderbird can read and send fine from it with authentication turned off. I'll have to see if the same works with Mail.app tomorrow.

I figured it out on Mail.app. You have to go the outgoing server settings (smtp.gawab.com) and uncheck "Use secure sockets layer." and then select "Password" from the box below and enter your Gawab.com ADDRESS (not just username) and password. You can now send Mail with Gawab and Mail.app. :cool:

Also make sure that the port # is 25 :D

Back