How does one open .wps files on mac OSX

These are Microsoft Works files. The last version of MS Works for the Mac was MS Works 4. Microsoft dropped the product because ClarisWorks (now AppleWorks) was so-o-o-o much better. MacLinkPlus Deluxe can translate all such Mac documents as well as Works for Windows documents up to MS Works 95. However, Works is up to Works 8 now. It is most unlikely that you can translate the newer formats. Unfortunately, the only place one sees Works is in education institution computer labs. It is usually hosted on computers that crash 30 minutes before students who have not yet printed out their assignments intend to submit them for a grade.

ooh, I had this problem before. All the schools at my schoolboard use The Corel App. Suite, which is a really dumb idea because noone uses it... they should really use open office. ANYWAYS. The only solution I can suggest is open the file in text edit (without rich text enabled) and extract all the text from it. That's all I can think of, all of the converters I searched for on google costed money or something. :/

Hey thanks a lot for quick the response, it seems you put more effort into my question than I did myself (being honest). Next time on you are on maybe put down what software is reconmend that I could or should buy. Once again thanks for the response.

MisterMe said that: MacLink Plus. It's great conversion software. I guess WPS is Word Perfect? Or what are these files now, really? (We have two opinions so far, three with mine.) :p

*.wps is Microsoft Works format. If it were WordPerfect, the OP could solve his problem by downloading and installing AbiWord. This free Aqua port of the venerable opensource Linux application handles Word and WordPerfect files with nary a hiccup. With Works, it is MacLinkPlus Deluxe or nothing.

Back