Mac doesn't start up anymore

Safa

Registered
I have a black 13 inch Macbook (2,16 Intel Core 2 Duo). It all went wrong last night...

I had left my computer on for the night and when I woke up, it had completely frozen. I turned it off and then tried to turn it on, but to my surprise it wouldn't boot normally. A grey screen with a folder and a question mark on the folder appear, and it's flashing. I frantically searched the internet for an answer, but I haven't found anything that would revive my beloved Mac. I've tried to reset PRAM, but nothing. I also tried to reinstall Mac OS X but it couldn't find my hard-drive. I tried to mount the hard-drive but it wouldn't do anything. When installing OS X and a screen comes up saying "choose a volume to install on.." there are no choices where to install anything.

I'd be very grateful for any help on this matter. Is my hard-drive somehow broken or what is the deal?

Thank you!

Your hard drive has failed. I hope you have a backup of your data. The repair is relatively inexpensive but your data most likely is lost. If a backup solution is not already in place, make sure you set one up after the repair.

Back