Mac Intel font problems

rhondajam

Registered
Is anyone else having a problem with fonts that previously worked fine in OS X on an iMac, but just don't work on the Mac Intel Dual Core mac.
I have tried using Linotype Font Xplorer X instead of the font book, but still no joy.
I have a full cd of Linotype fonts that I just can't get to work.
Does anyone have any ideas?

What's the "Mac Intel Dual Core mac"? ;) ... Are you referring to the iMac Core Duo? Either way: No, I haven't had any font-related problems when transferring my fonts from my PowerBook G4 to my intel-based MacBook.

What happens when you want to activate one of the fonts?

If your fonts are properly installed in a valid Fonts folder, make sure that their permissions are set to allow your account to access them.

Yeah, it's the iMac Core Duo. Sorry. When I add the font, it just says font unavailable. When I type in any of the creative suite packages or Quark 6.5, it lets me select the font but displays as though the screen font is missing, even though it is there.
The fonts are installed correctly, and I've checked the permissions, which are fine.

I am having this same problem, but using Font Agent Pro to activate my fonts. Is there any sort of solution?

Open FontBook and disable all fonts it's trying to manage.

In FE go to Tools/Clean System Fonts folder and it will leave only the defaults required by the system in there, the rest are moved to the hard drive main directory. Put all your user fonts with these moved fonts and Add to Library in FE to get them all in FE.

Repair permissions, might be the easy fix: apps/utilities/disk utility/repair permissions

Should work fine, though there are reports of other user's older fonts not working on Intel Macs (source www.creativebits.org)

Last edited:
Back