Mac OS X Snow Leopard - video problems?

Nodootabootit

Registered
I installed the Mac OS X Snow Leopard and now I can no longer play videos contained in my family picture albums. Is it the new operating system or do you have another solution to assist me. I was always able to play videos prior to the new snow leopard? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It depends on where you are playing the videos. if in the browser you need to update your Flash and Shockwave installations for it.

If it's on your computer get Perian, free video codec software that can play just about any format there is; and it's mac based.

I installed the Mac OS X Snow Leopard and now I can no longer play videos contained in my family picture albums. Is it the new operating system or do you have another solution to assist me. I was always able to play videos prior to the new snow leopard? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your Macintosh came with QuickTime, and it can play several types of media files (both music and movies) as it comes, but not all types. Most AVI files won't play as your Mac comes from Apple, nor will Flash or Windows Media files. The really good news is that you can download a couple of free QuickTime plug-ins to enable QuickTime to play just about any sort of media file you might encounter:

For Windows Media Video files, download and install the free Flip4Mac plugin for QuickTime:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

For just about everything else, including AVI and Flash, download and install the Perian plugin for QuickTime, which is also free:
http://perian.org/#detail

These two plug-ins don't conflict with each other. Install them both.

Now you can use QuickTime to view just about any and every video format you might encounter. If you download a file that doesn't automatically open in QuickTime when double-clicked on, do a "Get Info" on the file and designate QuickTime as the default player for all files of this type.

Enjoy.

i cant seem to download Quicktime 7 due to the fact I have OSx 1.3
and I have major problems downloading flash and opening some links from buttons

I need help what can I do? thanks

OS X 1.3?? Can you verify what version of Mac OS X you are actually running sir?
What version of Quicktime and Flash do you have now? Without knowing what version of OS X you have now (there is no 1.3..) it's not really possible to find you the correct version of Quicktime to go with.

For QuickTime Player 10 on my iMac OS 10.6.4, all of my video clips are black out. I noticed that these data are not zero which is a good sign.

I copied one video clip from iMac on my old G5 desktop with OS 10.4.11, and the video clip showed up fine (not blackout).

Why does this happened? How can I fix it on my iPhoto 8.1.2 or QT 10.0?

Back