reset mouse settings?

boi

official breaker of macs.
any idea on how to reset the mouse settings? i installed the intellimouse drivers and it screwed some stuff up, now i want to go back =).

thanks.

I might have an idea, if you provide more details of what you're doing and what's wrong.

i removed the intellimouse software, but all the settings stuck. the middle button will always bring up the alt-tab menu no matter what. the 4th and 5th buttons do nothing no matter what. i want to set these to exposé or something. even if i set them to exposé in the system preferences it still won't register.
any ideas?

I have version 5.0 of the IntelliPoint software installed, and doing a simple search for "intellipoint" brings up an uninstaller located in the Utilities folder. It's named "IntelliPoint Uninstaller."

I'll bet that'd do the trick, and would probably require a restart -- have you restarted yet?

well what do you know, that did it.
i searched for mouse and microsoft but not intellipoint =)

Microsoft's Intellipoint 5.0 software works pretty well, too, and it's mouse-specific so you can configure settings for specific mice that USB Overdrive can't.

USB Overdrive *IS* a fine piece of work, however. I'd like to see something along those lines integrated into Panther though!

Back