Startup items(login items) not working

chinck

Registered
I got a 800 G4 desktop, I was running 10.2.5 and it's running OK with Startup items, starting up Eudora, HotApp and Ittec, but after upgrading to 10.2.6, it doesn't work any more then 10.2.8 and now 10.3.2 still doesn't work.
Any one knows how to get it back?
Thanks.

What exactly doesn't work, the apps don't load at all ? Are they still in the list ? Have you checked the box next to them ?

Thanks for replying

michaelsanford said:
What exactly doesn't work, the apps don't load at all ?
Yes the apps don't load at all.

Are they still in the list ? Have you checked the box next to them ?
Yes they are all in the list and all are checked

If they are "checked," then that means that they are set to launch, but be hidden. Check your dock. I'll bet the applications are launched, but just hidden.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
If they are "checked," then that means that they are set to launch, but be hidden. Check your dock. I'll bet the applications are launched, but just hidden.
Hi ElDiabloConCaca thanks for your reply.
No the apps are not launch at all, HotApps is my keyboard short cut, it have place itself into the startup items, I tried removing it a add it in again and still didn't work, I have to go to the system Preferences to turn it on in order to use it.
All the Apps in the startup items didn't luanch at all.

I've had some issues with this in the past - try removing every single app from the list and adding them in again - and authenticate! Before and after, even if you don't think you need to....

Thanks MacMuppet,
Yes I did removed every apps from the list, and add them back again, but after re-starting still won't work. What do you mean by "authenticate! Before and after"?

Others, do you think simply deleting ~/Library/Preferences/loginwindow.plist would do the trick ?

It contains various other strings, and I don't know if they'd be re-produced if the file was deleted and re-created by System Preferences (like the system and version strings, System Events.app, etc).

Sometimes they don't want to add to the startup items as the versions used were older than the ones actually used. So if Eudora in 10.2 had a different release info than the actual Eudora in 10.3, that can be a reason why it does not work.

At least with that the unchecking every item, and then adding them back (checking the versions of each application are the latest in the list) often does the trick.

Giaguara said:
Sometimes they don't want to add to the startup items as the versions used were older than the ones actually used. So if Eudora in 10.2 had a different release info than the actual Eudora in 10.3, that can be a reason why it does not work.

At least with that the unchecking every item, and then adding them back (checking the versions of each application are the latest in the list) often does the trick.
Giaguara thanks for your reply, but I have the same set up and same version on my AL PB, every thing is working.

Back