Strange problem with Ipod Classic

mddb

Registered
Hello,
Yesterday I disconnected my Ipod and moments later when look at the screen and realize that for some reason the display has a white line (below the middle) on the screen. I was surprise to see that and look around the ipod for scratches, but never there, as assume to because it never fall or anything.
It's almost new, lest than a half year since bought & never had a trouble with it. Today i search on apple support page the guide for restart it but the line stills there, the solution may be a restore?.... I have it almost at full space and I didn't have the time to back up yet.
If someone knows how & why it show up there please help me. Thanks.

OS: Tiger & Leopard both last versions. Ipod Classic of 160gb and last update installed

A line across the screen should indicate a hardware problem, probably a faulty screen. Software and updates would be unlikely to help. If your iPod is less than 12 months old, and there's no indication of accidental damage, then Apple should replace the iPod. You seem to say that your iPod is not backed up. If you have all your songs stored on your Mac, and available through iTunes, then that's your backup. If, OTOH, you have slowly added to the music, and it only exists in one spot on your iPod, then you need to transfer all that music from your iPod back to your Mac. You have to use some third party software. like Senuti, or iPod.iTunes. There's others that will do that. Then you can contact Apple to replace your iPod...

Hi. Thanks for the info, it's really helpful. This week I will try to locate my nearest apple reseller, because there's not an ''official'' apple store located on Argentina, and mine classic was bought by a friend on FL.
Hopefully they recognize the warranty and replace it. Well thanks again to you and macosx staff that try to help me out.

Back