Where's a good place to buy OSX software?

Take a look at what DiskWarrior does, then TechTool Pro.

I would always have both these utilities. The one thing that DiskWarrior does that the others don't, is build a new disk directory. A must have program.

Ronald, I've heard of too many people having issues with Norton on their Macs. You should be fine with DiskWarrior.

And Photoshop Elements, as said, could be worth a try. Have you ever tried GIMP? (www.gimp.org) It is a free graphic manipulation program, nearly as good as Photoshop, and it's free. It has some small things that work differently, and that are annoying (at least in the beginning) to people used to Photoshop, but I guess with time and patience one adjusts to it and learns to think in GIMP like in Photoshop. Sometimes having a free program can have a big advantage. :)

Giaguara,

Thanks for the info. Since I am familiar with Photoshop, I decided to order Elements, it isn't so expense. Basically, I want to crop, resize, adjust contrast and brightness, sharpen, and "crunch" .jps for the web.

I'll have a look at TTP after I catch my breath. I ordered DW and want to get that on my disk first. The switch to OSX can be rather time consuming as most of you know.

DW and TT do different tasks. DW is probably better at fixing your drive, but TT is general-purpose cleanser and maintenance program. It fixes more than just your drive.

Another inexpensive program you should look at (if you don't have it already) is Graphic Converter. This program does just about everything you described, though it lacks layers, and it can read almost every graphic file format known to Man and save to a good number of them, as well. It's a bit overkill for just making JPG's, but if you ever run across some weird format it can come in handy.

Back