Yikes! Calculator bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
start bc useing the 'l' flag
-=-=-=-=-=-
[localhost:~] holmbrew% bc -l
bc 1.05
Copyright 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
10/3
=-=-=-=-=-
[localhost:~] holmbrew% bc
bc 1.05
Copyright 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
10/3

I hate the OSX Calculator. The OS9 one worked fine, and when I pushed a button, it actually came up in the screen! whoa!
Now, It just freezes up my computer for 2-3 seconds, gives me the beach ball, then displays the number. How can a calculator be this bad when Adobe Photoshop runs fine?!!!

All other problems aside, I figured out how to eliminate that half-beat pause between the typed number and the on-screen display: minimize it.

I would guess that means the perceived speed problem is just sloppy work with Interface Builder?

Perhaps apple only compiled it with project builder set to "debug" when compiling it instead of deploy (cant remember the exact settings off the top of my head). That would make sense too since it kinda buggy :p

We know far too little of the calculator to speculate further. We have said far more than we can verify already. The calculator has issues, but it's a throwaway demo app.

Please, to improve the signal to noise ratio of this forum, let this thread die. If anyone does bring this thread back to life, I recommend starting with the phrase:

"Take that! You stupid, dead horse."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back