10.3.9 has broken my mail.app

flacochala

I`m in!!
hi guys... well here is the thing, i have updated my osx to 10.3.9 and since then every time I log in my mac starts a lot of nice processing that didnt do with 10.3.8, but does not all, my mail.app doesn quit, the windows closes but the app stills run, how can i fix this.... i' ve heard that other people is having problems with the update.... is apple gping to fix this with another update???? thanxsss

Try repairing permissions. Go to Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilites > Disk Utility and select "Macintosh HD" and click the "Repair Permissions" button. Get back to us on whether this helps or not. There have been a lot of problems with 10.3.9. My update went fine, probably because I repair permissions once a week.

I too have had problems since updating to 10.3.9 but my problem is with any app that is java related ie I cannot launch Limewire any longer, I cannot log into Norton AntiVirus for updates, and I cannot change or edit my user info in SYS PREF under accounts. Talked to APPle , they suggest waiting till they get the bugs out. Now thats great. I knew I shouldn't even bother since I have Tiger on order, OH WELL

I Suggest that NO ONE install this update till they have the bugs out

KEn

I did run all the Disk Util fixit even did a startup from the Disk and did repair permissions and did disk repair while Apple was on the phone. Wierd thing is, is that I also installed the update on my Pwrbk G4 and it worked fine.Not on my G5 however

ken

chornbe said:
Am I the only person whose computer is still running perfectly after 10.3.9 update?
Nope. No problems here either. And I have run repair permissions exactly once since I bought the computer two and a half years ago, so it's not that :)

Just seems a lot of people are having issues with this update. I'm sure the *real* problem is that the update is exposing issues already present but not as visible.

Anyway, just goes to show that for all the bashing Microsoft gets, even Apple has the hiccup now and then.

My Windows boxes are running just fine, too, and never crash and burn when updates are applied.

I think owning a computer is analogous to owning a car. If you maintain it and know something about how to take care of it, you'll have relatively few problems over the years.

(shrugs)

You have to be licensed to cut hair or drive a car, but anyone can be a parent... or own a computer :)

Back