20" VS 23" Cinema Display

Oscar Castillo

Registered
I recall a short while ago there was mention of trouble with the 23" CD and some strange coloration of the screen. Is this still happening? I've been considering a 23" CD, but a dual 20" setup might be the way to go for me if there are still some issues with the 23". Does anyone know if it's specific to a video card, firmware?

Aside the technical point,
I've been tinking about this point, and as my personnal choice if you have a dual display video card, 2 * 20" for the same price as a 23" seems quite an obvious choice... most applications will take benefit of the surface of a dual 20" setup. (Music particularly in my case).
then you may have specific need for a single display...

I'm kinda leaning in that direction because of the issues I've heard people having with the 23" CD, but coming from a 21" 4:3 LCD, the height of the 20" CD screen looks drastically shorter and don't know if I can get use to it. Maybe it's just that it looks small in the store.

check the discussion boards at the apple web site... there's a forum for displays...
that's where I've heard of colorization issues with the 23's. If there's been improvement you'd best find out about it there first...

As much as I like apple's beautiful design... the 23 inch is a waste of money at current prices. You're better off with 2- apple 20's ($1598) or a Dell 24inch(for about 1k... when the coupons roll around) IMO.

21" 4:3? is that running at 1600x1200? the 20" runs at 1680x1050, so it is slightly shorter in that respect, but you are gaining 1,760 lines by getting 2x 20". you will have more screen space. the 23" runs at 1920x1200, so you'd only be gaining the wide aspect over your current monitor.
plus dual head looks nice, and people go, wow!

Well, I went with the dual 20" setup. I had checked Dell and I may decide to go with the 24" for one of my PCs. Aside from the wow factor, dual diplays seem far more useful than I had originally imagined.
Although I must admit I'm not yet use to the shorter height of the display, which makes it seem like I seeing much less image on screen, but it's really about the same amount of image data. Thanks all.

Back