AAC Audio CDs

ApeintheShell

Registered
Recently, my zipCD-RW has stopped working with iTunes since i upgraded to 4.2. Is there any solution to this?
Also, if i get it working how can i burn AAC to a cd. Is there another kind of cd format I must have to do this. Does Apple have a certain function in the codec that lets it burn to cd automatically?

just burn audio cds the way you normally would, file format doesnt make a difference.

as for the drive I dont know, check for drivers? Ive never been able to get any iomega products to work with any macs I own for some reason, although they seem to work fine for the rest of the world

fbp_ said:
just burn audio cds the way you normally would, file format doesnt make a difference.

as for the drive I dont know, check for drivers? Ive never been able to get any iomega products to work with any macs I own for some reason, although they seem to work fine for the rest of the world

I'm going to have to second that.

Nearly every Iomega product I have ever purchased has died on me.
With the exception of my current Zip Drive *knocks on wood*

I use to have the HipZip Mp3 player. Died.
I had the Predator CD-RW. Died.
I had an older Zip drive. Died.

Trying to contact Iomega support.. horrendous!

If you're trying to burn an Audio CD, then just burn them normally (with the Audio CD option selected in the preferences).

If you're trying to burn an MP3 CD, you'll have to convert the AAC files to MP3 files before trying. iTunes won't burn an MP3 CD using AAC files.

And if you want to burn an "AAC CD" - just make a data CD containing the files.

Thanks for the advice guys! It worked with the audio cd option checked but it says it'll take 47 min for 10 songs which I know can't be right. So i'll try the data cd option like you suggested fryke.

One more thing, because of the smaller file size how many aac's could you fit on a cd? It seems like if I put more than 15 I get a buffer overrun.

Yeah Iomega sucks for support and instructs you to buy an additional program stating that there are no drivers for Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X. It may be a bad burner but it is all i can afford right now.

trying to estimate how many on a cd varies dependent on song length. If you are having buffer underruns, then data can't get to the burner fast enough, so try converting all the files you want to burn to a CD to aiff files first, then burn them. I use toast, and make a DAO (disc at once) for my audio cds. And I do nothing but CD-RWs for my drive to mix, takes about 19 min 4X for 74 minute CD.

Back