Ahhhh! Too many finders!

ablack6596

Registered
Hi I am going to North Carolina on vacation and right know we are in Richmond Virginia at my grandparents house on out way I was playing Warcraft III after awhile I closed that and tryed to open iTunes then Quicktime and then IE they all unexpectantly quit as soon as they opened so I decided to restart and see if it got better. When it was up again all I saw were the little menus in the top right corner the time,airport,modem, and battery noting else came up. I turned my laptop back off and waited for an hour and then turned it on again the sae thing happened but I relised I was able to open the system preferences through the bttery menu so I opened it and went to login I made it show a list of users when I turned on the computer and then went to users and created a new user I then logged out and logged in as the new user same thing happend and the logginin window never went away I tryed to force quit and relised there wer emillions of finders open and more kept coming! Mac OS 9.2 works fine but I really want to use X does anyone know how to fix this problem? :)

Sorry for any mistakes in my writing I wrote this very fast and on an old Gateway Solo laptop that is realy old (Pentium 1, Windows 95, 40mb ram) and it has a very tiny keyboard.

I remember someone else with the same problem butt don't remember how he fixed it he is on my AIM buddy list but hasn't been on while I'm on.

I have seen this before, I think it was when IE froze and I tried to force quit... finally I could logout, but the users pane (or how should I call that) stayed blank, and I had to use the the resetbutton. But I haven't noticed this problem ever since... So I don't realy know what combination of factors was causing the finder to multiplicate. (I also remember something with trying to logout without success at first which seemed to do this?)

Back