Airport card with 3rd party wireless hub (NetBlaster)

MasonMcD

Registered
I have a PBG4 with an airport card, which I got to replace a HP Omnibook. For the Omnibook, I bought a NetBlaster II wireless card and hub.

As Airport is 802.11b, the card sees the Netblaster hub, and gives me signal strength. But the rub is that Airport can't be used concurrently with PPPoE (which is what my DSL requires). At least I can't find out how. It seems like the card expects the hub/basestation to already be connected. Any way to connect via PPPoE with Airport? The Airport config utilities don't recognize the hub in the strict sense as a manageable entity, though they acknowledge the signal. Any advice? Please? I don't want to spend another 300 or whatever for the Apple basestation when I should be able to get this setup to work.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mason

I don't think there is any way to set up the Mac to use both Airport and PPPOE. The Airport basestation has PPPOE connectivity built in. Perhaps your Netblaster has the same capability.

I doubt that the Airport Base Station admin software will be able to configure a non-Apple product. How did you configure the Netblaster when you had the PC? Was there special, Windows only software to configure it, or was it through a web interface?

Back