Airport update troubles

byronw70

Registered
I fired up my airport admin utility in OS 10.1.1 because I wanted to setup reverse NATing to my local SAMBA service.

That aside, upon launching the utility I was informed that there was update software available for my basestation, and would I like to install it. I replied yes (perhaps foolishly), and BAM my ability to get DHCP from my W2K box running Internet connection sharing to my cable connection was gone. Now W2K is renowned for being querky with alternate platforms but has been pretty good since SP2 of W2K and my airport has run flawlessly since I bought it. Now since the update the only way I can connect to the Net is to connect my Airport basestation to my ISP directly. This is fine for my MAC, but precludes me having my LAN connected to the Internet.

If anyone has ideas, please please let me know.

I will be logging this with Apple support as I have cover, but have found of late (since OS X) that there technical support often leaves a lot to be desired in that the techs I have dealt with seem to be a bit short on practical knowledge.

Back