Apple at NaIT

voice-

Registered
Heh. Let me take this from the top.

My town has a few computer-clubs, one stand out as THE computer-club, it's the one at "Høgskolen i Narvik", big school in my town. They are called SysRq.

These guys used to host a LAN party for their school's students called LANo. This had room for about 200 people.

A team of teens, businesses and enviormental workers got together and decided to host a bigger LAN party for all of the town. They called this NaIT (Narvik IT), and could take up to 500 people. It was the year 2000, by the way. They lost a lot of money on this, and NaIT was an iced project, unfortunately.

To compensate for this, SysRq started inviting everyone to LANo (as opposed to just students at HIN).

In 2002, SysRq revived NaIT, and got a very populear response. 600 tickets were sold. They were now sponsored.

Until now I've been to LANo and NaIT pretty much every time they have been held since 2000, I've switched between bringing a PC and a Mac (brought whatever was newest), there has never been more than 3 Macs in the hall. It was so few, one girl had a problem with hers (looking for mIRC for Mac) and a crew member had to ask me for help since I looked like a Mac-knower (I set her up with Ircle).

Anywho, for NaIT 2003 (which starts tomorrow, 750 human beings in one hall this time 'round), some guy from Apple is coming, putting up a stand and showing off the new PowerBooks, the iPod (sidetrack: I recently convinced a guys to buy it...he thought it was 4 times as big, but when he saw mine he knew he needed one) and G5 PowerMacs :D

So I guess we'll see more Macs at NaIT 2004

NaIT: www.naitparty.org
LANo: www.lanoparty.org
SysRq: www.sysrq.no

G5 PowerMac looks a lot better in reality then in pictures.
15" aBook looks very wide.
10.3 is a must-have.

i wish we would have lan parties here, but buffalo is not a very high tech place, lol:p

Nor is Narvik, we just have a damn active computer-club and a lot of computer-hungry teens in many town around...

We have Modesto LAN, but I doubt they'd have much Mac support there, or play many Mac games... and I'm not about to haul my computer there, either. So good luck to ya.

Back