authentication failed with mac.com

julguribye

Registered
trying to check my mail with mail.app today I get this message:

IMAP Message:
Account name: Julian's iTools
Mailbox name: Not specified

Authentication failed

When I click OK I have to reenter my password but when I do I just get the message above again...
I tried to log in to my mail at www.iloveapple.com also but I get wrong passeword message there too...

Anyone else got this problem???

Oh, i had same problems, and I put a thread to HARDARE. But I see that you folks had the same problem.

But now I know what the problem is. Tee whole www.mac.com server has a temporary problem, or that is what is said there. I'll guess we just have to wait... Not for long I hope.

I may have a solution to your problem. This happened to me, also. When you get the error message, go to the Preferences of Mail, click the Accounts tab. Selct your account and click 'Edit'. Then, at the bottom you will see a check box that says, "Use authentication when sending mail" Check that box and you should be alright. Or maybe the mac.com network is down.:p

Sending mail is not the problem, IceDogg. It's the receiving part. The mac.com server was down, but I just successfully checked my email, so I believe it's back up.

ok, it works now :)... guess it was the mac.com servers that were down. I'm glad it wasn't that my account where hacked! thats what I first thought:D

Yeah.. It started workin 6PM in GMT +0 time.. (8 Pm where I live)

What is weird, is that the letters which were send to me were sent during the time, when mac.com server was down.. SO the messages still arrived to my account, I just couldn't read them.. Well this is ofcourse good!

I would have protested, if my incoming mail would have been disappeared during the way to me!

Anyway, it rules that there is so much space in this mac.com account

5MB for email
20MB for iFolder (or whatever that is.. oh. Idisk, of course.. God my awful memory..)

Back