Backed Up Eudora Mail but now it won't work in Eudora

trex

Registered
Hello all,

I backed up a Eudora Folder for a user on mac os x 10.1.5 from the terminal using the cp command.

Now when I upgraded to 10.2.1 I can't use the backed up Eudora Folder. All the icons within the Eudora folder show up as generic text icons.

When I try launching the Eudora settings file I get this error:

Sorry, but that doesn't seem to be a mailbox
Out (0) {45:203}

I have tried getting info on the eudora files and setting them to launch with Eudora by using the Open With option - but this doesn't do anything

I have also tried changing chown and chgrp for the Eudora files but this doesn't help. I have searched Eudora's Knowledge base at their site for the Error Code above but I didn't find anything relevant to it.

This has happened to me before when updating to newer version of macos x and doing clean installs of the OS.

I have also trashed all preferences in /User/name/Library/Preferences and rebooted.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on getting my Eudora mail backup to work.

One last thing -- I also tried importing my mail from the corrupted Eudora backup to Apple's Mail app and it worked. However I just did this to see if the data was really corrupted. I still want to use Eudora instead of Mail.

It blows me away that Apple's Mail app can read the Eudora Mailboxes but Eudora can't....

Thanks in advance

One last thing -- I also tried importing my mail from the corrupted Eudora backup to Apple's Mail app and it worked. However I just did this to see if the data was really corrupted. I still want to use Eudora instead of Mail.

Well if that worked. Can't you now import the Mail.app info in to the new Eudora?

Twister

I was able to import all my eudora mail into Outlook Express 5 and then import it back into Eudora. It worked for the most part.

I guess this is a crude work around. I need to figure out a way to back up my Eudora mail in a way that will restore itself easily. Every time I do a clean install of macos x I have problems restoring my Eudora mail backup. Anyone have suggestions on how I might save my backups? Should I tar them?

Back