bandwith measuring tool?

Elk

Registered
Hi all, is there such an app to measure your bandwith usage?
a program that will keep track of all your d/l and u/l troughout the month, you see my isp is putting a bit cap on and i want a tool to monitor my usage as i don't really trust their online tool.
tnx

I'd start looking for another ISP myself.

But you are probably limited, otherwise you would have thought of this yourself.

I can't think of anything off hand. There seems to be a Unix app lurking in the back of my mind, but I can't remmember what it was called. Maybe someone else out there will remmember it's name.

Also try looking at Apple's Unix download site. (it's under OSX downloads)

And see if there is something on versiontracker.

Good Luck.:)
SA

Apple's Network Utility has a built-in packet counter, but that's only slightly useful for what you need. Maybe it will do, take a look...

Gwailo i've taken a look at it, but will only do it for each loggin and won't add my monthly amount

buc99 my switching to another isp is already in the works

silly 5gig cap, huh :rolleyes: :mad:

Good.

You don't have Comcast do you? (If you don't mind me asking)

Not to get off on a tangent here, but it seems awfully crappy the way some ISP services think they can control the customer. Thank God for freedom of choice. And doubly thank God they are not as powerful as the "Evil Phone Monompolies".

Anyways. Congrats, and best of Luck. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.
SA:)

My current isp is bell's sympatico in canada, a whole lot of people not happy, they gonna loose a whole lot of business with their move, oh well, there's plenty of isp's in my neck of the woods so i'm not too worry about it, already cancelled my connection for july first then i'm off to someone else.
i still would like to find a bandwith monitor, just to keep track of things :)

You might also check out ntop and see if that will work. MacOSX comes with tcpdump also, but I'm not sure if this will help.

Good Luck.:)
SA

Back