Best RAM????

squirell1357

Registered
What is the best RAM for the Mac? I was always under the impression that newer ram was the best, but their business is doing odd things and I am looking at other candidates. Is it Viking? Kingston? Let me know what you think.

Be careful with ValueRam. I'm 0/2 with RAM from them. The 1st time was 256MB last spring. Pass the firmware test but caused kernel crashes. Replacement was fine. Figured tighter OS X specs were part of the problem.
By this fall I figured that the bugs would be worked out and bought 512MB. No kernel crashes but weird behavior and crashing (ie in the middle of the night.) That one's in the process of being replaced now.

In both cases the RAM passed TechTool's test, the OS 9 startup RAM tests and Apple's Basic Hardware test. Only the Extended Apple Hardware test flagged it.

Kingston is replacing the RAM, but with shipping twice I'm out $20 plus my time, I'm out more than the RAM cost in the 1st place.
:(

Bummer,
That's exactly the thing I am trying to avoid. I have had problems in the past with Kingston RAM tho. Is that the same thing as ValuRAM? Thanks for the hedzup.

The only RAM company I will ever buy from is Crucial. I've nothing but GOOD stuff to say about them, and their prices aren't really higher than average. In fact, they had the lowest priced 512 mb SODIMM for my iBook at the time I got it.

Back