BestBuy + Mac?

Apple struck up a deal with Best Buy again recently, after Best Buy dropped them shortly after the whole original bondi-blue iMac thing.

Only certain stores will carry certain Apple-branded merchandise, but most all Apple computers will be available for order through Best Buy's online store.

Computers are available online, the stores will only carry iPods in house. It's been this way for at least a year or so..

Good to see a discontinued model out of stock :) Maybe they'll be offering current models soon? (I know, I know - the current models aren't readily available everywhere, either :( )

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Apple struck up a deal with Best Buy again recently, after Best Buy dropped them shortly after the whole original bondi-blue iMac thing.
It wasn't the bondi blue iMac that caused the last Best Buy / Apple breakup; it was the fact that Apple would only sell the fruity iMacs (Indigo, Sage, Lime, Peppermint, I forget...) in prepackaged pallets or something. Best Buy couldn't just buy the best selling color iMacs, they had to buy a bunch that they probably wouldn't sell. So, Best Buy said "forget it!"

I was pleasantly surprised to see Best Buy carry Macs again, but disappointed at the Mac software selection hidden on the bottom shelf at my local Best Buy. If I was a new computer buyer, I'd look at the Apple selection, then turn around and look at the rest of the Windows-compatible software and think there was no Mac software available.

p.s. Why is that Best Buy G5 listing Jaguar? Is it an old model or something?

Edit: I should digest before I post sometimes... Thanks DeltaMac, it appears to be a discontinued model... :)

Back