Burning .dmg on Windows

julguribye

Registered
I know this topic maybe not fit here so well but I couldn't find a better place to put it.

So,

I have this .dmg file that I have on a PC and I need to burn it to a bootable CD on the PC. ISO or HFS I don't know.

Can anyone give me instructions how to do this and which apps to use and so on? I don't think Nero supports it.

Thanks in advance

hmm... that wouldn't happen 2 be Jaguar would it?! *tsk tsk*

OK, well i am feeling kind! :D

You will want a late as possible release of Nero, i know 5.5.9.0 Works a treat! ;)

Firstly, you will need to Use Disc Copy in X, and Convert the Image(s) to 'CD DVD Master' then, after they are converted, remove the '.dmg' extension from 'Filename.cdr.dmg' to leave JUST the .cdr extension

Next: Whack the images into Windows, Fire up Nero, and head to File / Burn Image. then locate the image(s). Select HFS and the rest SHOULD be fine! Speed *may* be an issue, so it *might* be an idea, NOT to burn @ 40x! lol

Good Luck! ;)

NeYo

Yes, but assume that... it's not a Jaguar of course... - then will it still remains bootable disk image?

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
hmm... that wouldn't happen 2 be Jaguar would it?! *tsk tsk*

:D

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
OK, well i am feeling kind! :D

You will want a late as possible release of Nero, i know 5.5.9.0 Works a treat! ;)

Firstly, you will need to Use Disc Copy in X, and Convert the Image(s) to 'CD DVD Master' then, after they are converted, remove the '.dmg' extension from 'Filename.cdr.dmg' to leave JUST the .cdr extension

Next: Whack the images into Windows, Fire up Nero, and head to File / Burn Image. then locate the image(s). Select HFS and the rest SHOULD be fine! Speed *may* be an issue, so it *might* be an idea, NOT to burn @ 40x! lol

Good Luck! ;)

NeYo [/B]

Well thanks NeYo, but the problem is that the file is on a PC, and that PC is not in my house. And the file is around 500MB so sending it to my Mac, and then send it back to the PC over internet can take SOME time.... So what I wanna do is turn the .dmg file into a bootable CD with my PC only.... is that possible?

i don't know if you could do it, without the use of Disc Copy! Maybe you can use basilisk and Emulate OS8.1? ... then maybe the disc copy can convert the image for you?! ( i know its a long shot, But HEY!! ;) )

NeYo

Since I hope that you get this message and know the answer... here it goes

My problem was that I got .toast images that I wanted to burn on a PC.

So what I did was the folllowing:

I mounted the .toast images in Roxio Toast 5
I then took that new mounted image and dropped it onto disc copy
I then converted this new file in my OSX 10.1 machine onto a CD/dvd thing in disc copy
Then I copied this to my PC Nero 9.9.78 and burned my image...

does anyone know why my CD wont boot in a mac?

The error is probably when you mount the .toast and then copy it into Disk Copy. It's no longer a complete image with the conversion (some hidden file is not getting added to the .dmg).

Coming from the PC you can use something like ISO Buster or WinISO to screw around with ISO's but I don't think anything exists like that for DMG's. So if someone wants to make some software that's what me need. A DMG tool that works like WinISO or Stuffit Deluxe were we can add, delete, move around files in an image without corrupting it.

You gotta burn the .toast image. Unless you find a .toast > .iso/.bin converter. good luck

Back