call another Mac? is it Possible??

I want to set up a potato warehouse to monitor Temperature Humidity and all that good stuff. I can do all that with Labview. But the warehouse is 30 miles away and I want to call the mac somehow and use Remote Desktop to check all that. I have a phone line there and the Computer Connected to it.

thanks for any help

Not totally helpful there, Unix. I think Frog wants to know if the Macs can dial directly to each other, instead of having to go through an ISP.
Yes, it can be done. But its far less troublesome in many instances to simply make sure each has a connection to the internet, and then let Apple Remote Desktop run over that. By setting up one as a dial-in server, you might be able to save on costs, but it will take a lot of work to set up. A cheap, unlimited access dial-up account at the warehouse would be the better solution.

Well, if you have Airport then that will act as a dial-up server and you can connect Remote Desktop via LAN then...

(I'm mad because Windows XP Pro has a dial-up server built in, and X doesn't have that feature :mad:)

Probably be quicker to drive to the warehouse if you're using a dialup connection.

Back