Can't Send Mail in 10.2

krug

Registered
Whenever I try to send an email out in Mail 1.2 (Jaguar) I get an error saying that I have an "Invalid Address".

I can send email just fine in Entourage, and I've double checked all my settings in Mail and they seem to be identical.

Mail worked just fine as well until I upgraded to 10.2, so I'm guessing that something changed somewhere.

It asks if I want to try sending mail out using a different server. If I pick the mac.com server, it goes out, but then bounces back with a similar error. This way though, I can see the outgoing mail header, and I see that the name the computer got for Rendevous (G4.local) is in the From: header. Could this be related somehow?

I'm having the exact same problem. - My internet works fine, I can recieve mail - but I cannot send mail. It just continnually asks me for the password of my smtp server.

Any ideas?

E

Originally posted by boysimple
I'm having the exact same problem. - My internet works fine, I can recieve mail - but I cannot send mail. It just continnually asks me for the password of my smtp server.

Any ideas?

E

generally SMTP servers do not require a password, check the prefs of your account click options under the outgoing mail server, and make suerauthentication is set to none.

Hey krug, check your hostname first. (open terminal and type HOSTNAME .
If your hostname is like "yourcomupter.local." then you may have problems with Mail-Servers that are protected with spam-filters. (They refuse your computer at SMTP-Connect because MAIL want to login with your computername instead the computers ip number)
To fix that, you can log in as root and modify the hostname by changing the file HOSTCONFIG located in /etc.
On my computer the mail-client works now.
Maybe apple will fix that rendezvous bug soon!!!

Back