chimera will not run, unexpectedly quiting at start, help!!

DualG4X

Registered
i tried to run chimera today an all i got was the splash screen and then it closes on me :( it ran on last week but not anymore, i trahsed the old version 0.27 and d/l the new 0.28 , copied it and still nothing, i get the same error "navigator unexpextedly quit" does anyone have the same problem that could help me, thanks

or just anyone willing to help me resolve this problem, i would really apreciate it, thanks

If you are using OS 9, try allocating more memory to the Origonal Application.....Another thing you might wanna try is deleteing all the preferences for chimera....
And if that does not work, Reinstall it?

I think it looks really cool, but I'm gonna wait for a revision higher than 0 before I start using it primarily :)

im running osx only, i dont even have os9 installed, and i tried looking for the preference in my library folder within my home dir but i could not find anything related to chimera or witht the name "navigator" , also looked the library dir on my root dir and could not find anything ither.

Does anyone know were else applications store itmes when installed in os x ?

Do you mind losing any preferences from Mozilla or older chimera versions? If you don't have anything important in there open up the terminal and do this:

rm .Mozilla

That will remove the hidden folder '.Mozilla' which stores many of Mozilla and Chimera's preferences. That will most likely fix the problem.

just tried that, removed the .mozilla folder , also removed eveything related to mozilla n chimera from my system that i could find, then reinstalled chimera, n still same thing :( this really ****s cause i did like chimera, looks like ill have to give omniweb one more chance :mad:

You're not trying to run it from the mounted disk image are you? You need to copy the app somewhere else.

Vanguard

yeah , version 0.27 worked like a charm , the only problem with that version that i ever had was sometimes when i would hit the back button on the browser the page would not reload, but thats it, i never had a problem running it, i think this problem might have started after i installed the new mozilla rc3 :(

Back