Cinema Display requires Mac OS X v10.2 or later

cabbage

Registered
The Apple Cinema Display requires Mac OS X v10.2 or later, and one of the following systems:

I've heard that there is a hack to get the Cinema Displays to work in OS 9.2.2. Anyone know if that is true?

I have some exspensive scanner software (the scanner costs about a quarter of a million dollars) that the company won't be porting to OS X since they have discontinued production. The software also doesn't seem to like Classic.

Hmmm. The box says it requires 10.2. I plug it in bootup in 9.2.2 and it works fine.

Isn't that false advertising?

I believe the OS X is a requirement for all the features on the monitor, for example, you may not get good color matching except in OS X, but if it works for you, who cares? Good color matching might be helpful with your scanner???

Apple is just covering themselves and starting to phase out OS 9. They don't really want to support OS 9 and just because they don't say it works with OS 9 and it does, doesn't make that false advertising. If they said it worked on OS 9 and it didn't that would be more on the lines of false advertising.

If it works great, but part of the reason that they didn't list OS 9 as a compatible system is like Delta said, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features.

-Juxel

Back