Consumer Reports is so behind !

WhateverJoe

echo $row['what_tha'];
Browsing some links just now and found this...

http://www.consumerreports.org/main...5&FOLDER<>folder_id=93177&bmUID=1014783429974

Just posted today..... and it would seem to me that those guys would touch up things and at least try to make their articles some what up to date.....

Here's a quote from the OS X Review:

"OS X runs on Unix, a different platform from what was used before. As a result, there's not much application software available. Many of the 1,000 current titles are demo versions or small, specialized applications. Major programs, such as Microsoft Office and QuarkXPress, have only been promised for the future."

It scares me that A lot of people live by what they read in Consumer Reports :-(

I can't seem to find an email address in the non member section so could someone who is email them about this gross error? You could even post it here and we could flood them with polite advice that they update that page :) Bet they wouldn't get the same thing from the XP community if there was an error on their end ;)

iginally posted by Koelling [/i]
Bet they wouldn't get the same thing from the XP community if there was an error on their end ;) [/QUOTE]

No, they would be sued. Is it a *real* magazine? Can't be too hard to find a contact address at the editor's website?

If I new so little about computers that I would look to Consumer Reports for advice, then the advice they give would probably suit my needs pretty well.

Back