could you do this with a pc?

rinse

www.visualrinse.com
connect to your cell phone via bluetooth, and use it to dial up your isp and act as a wireless modem?

with a airport card and lots of free anytime minutes, that is just sick .

you could surf anywhere and for next to nothing. :cool:

with a powerbook g4 and a sony t68i you could... do any pcs have this ability?

Umm, even though I'm an avid Mac user now, I have to say that there is nothing a Mac can do that a PC can't.

There are ways to accomplish your task on either platform, beit in different ways. You can build rockets and bridges or calculate Pi on either. All the answers in life are either represented in pictures, numbers, words, or sound. And both platforms have been able to do this for a long time. The mac is a lifestyle choice that many have chosen. Yes, we could probably do the same things on the PC but we choose not to. It is like owning a log home. Most people would like to have one but most can not afford one or truthfully aren't at that point in their lives to have a change in lifestyle. It's all about preference and this is my choice and it makes me feel good, and as long as there are a few people out there that enjoy using a mac Apple will continue to build them.

Not sure what the quark xpress comment means, but this requires some technology that really isn't to my knowledge available onthe pc side...

1. pc laptop with bluetotth built in? anyone?
2. pc laptop with multihoming wireless card?
3. a user friendly UI to set all this up. ;)

Originally posted by rinse
Not sure what the quark xpress comment means..

I made that comment because cellfish said:

Originally posted by cellfish
Umm, even though I'm an avid Mac user now, I have to say that there is nothing a Mac can do that a PC can't.

To point out that there was something a Mac could and a PC couldn't.

I still don't get it, you've been able to open Quark on the PC for years. But if you are still doing that you are a moron since you haven't switched to InDesign.

Not sure what the quark xpress comment means, but this requires some technology that really isn't to my knowledge available onthe pc side...

1. pc laptop with bluetotth built in? anyone?
2. pc laptop with multihoming wireless card?
3. a user friendly UI to set all this up. ;)

Built in, no, $20 USB bluetooth dongle, yes. What do you mean by "multihoming" and why do you need it to connect? Do you mean the ability to have multiple ip addresses? If so, then pc's have had this forever. Don't know about the gui since I haven't tried it, but then again, who needs a gui ;)

connect to your cell phone via bluetooth, and use it to dial up your isp and act as a wireless modem?

with a airport card and lots of free anytime minutes, that is just sick .

you could surf anywhere and for next to nothing. :cool:

with a powerbook g4 and a sony t68i you could... do any pcs have this ability?

My Motorola V60c cell phone. I love it. I can sync it to a PC in almost any way I want via its USB data cable. I can use it as a wireless modem. Etc. Can I do this syncing to my Mac? Nope. And doubtful I ever will be able to.

Originally posted by hazmat
My Motorola V60c cell phone. I love it. I can sync it to a PC in almost any way I want via its USB data cable. I can use it as a wireless modem. Etc. Can I do this syncing to my Mac? Nope. And doubtful I ever will be able to.

Did you try Virtual PC 6? Almost everything PC works! Damn even COM and LPT ports DO work! USB is so damn easy to make it work under VPC...

Give a shot at VPC and 99% you will be able to pull that sync between your Mac/PC and Motorola ;)

1. I think spending ~$100 on VPC when I need it for one thing kinda silly.

2. Once I got the phone's address book to the Mac, how would I get it into Address Book?

Now I sync it at work under Windows to a Palm that I grabbed from there, then bring the Palm home and sync that to the Mac.

funny quark seems to support the pc world more than the mac world, and here is this new fact that quark doesnt work on pcs anymore?

wow! :eek:

Back