Darwin in VPC

Nummi_G4

New Rhapsody User
I was wondering if anyone has Darwin x86 running inside of VPC. I would love to try it out. But I dont know how to install it. I have the Darwin x86 downloaded onto my PowerBook... the file is "opendarwin-6.6.1.x86.iso.gz".

thanks.

My guess (and it is only a guess as I have never tried this myself) is that if you uncompress the image file you may be able to mount it in VPC as a CD-ROM (drag the icon for the image onto the CD icon at start up of the Darwin environment that you want to make). From there it should start up like OPENSTEP or Rhapsody for Intel (with the boot sequence) from what I've heard. Beyond that, I'm not sure what happens.

I'll be watching for how things go for you on this. Let us know how it works out.

Hey Racer :) Long time no see. If Darwin does not work out for me... my next project will be Rhapsody DR1 for x86. :)

Originally posted by RacerX
My guess (and it is only a guess as I have never tried this myself) is that if you uncompress the image file you may be able to mount it in VPC as a CD-ROM (drag the icon for the image onto the CD icon at start up of the Darwin environment that you want to make). From there it should start up like OPENSTEP or Rhapsody for Intel (with the boot sequence) from what I've heard. Beyond that, I'm not sure what happens.

Could you re_word your guess? I'm not sure what you are saying. I tried to drag and drop the ISO image into VPC running Windoze XP... CRASH! I will burn the ISO image onto a CD when I get home. I think VPC can "boot" off a CD.

Back