Earthlink TotalAccess Hijack on Safari

lkwoodtrumpet

Registered
I am having a problem with Safari and Earthlink's TotalAccess software. I installed TA back during Thanksgiving because I needed some local dialup numbers since I was away from the house. Well, I got back home, and didn't need TA anymore, so I uninstalled it. It came up with a script error, saying that it could not locate the uninstaller file. Well, I found it, and then unistalled TA with no problems. UNTIL, I went to go change my homepage in Safari...I can change it, and my homepage will be what I set it to until I restart...then it goes back to Earthlink's start page. I did a system wide search for 'earthlink' and came up with a few bits left over from that uninstall that I did, but no such luck after I deleted them in changing the homepage. I also sacked all the Safari pref files, and still no luck. Any ideas? I know somehow one of the files Safari uses is getting reset by Earthlink somehow...hence why I am calling it a hijack...its SOO annoying! Thanks to anyone.

Go to Home>Library>Preferences. Make sure you have trashed the Earthlink TA preferences. Then trash:
com.apple.internetpref.plist
com.apple.Safari.plist

Empty the trash, then go to Safari>preferences and enter in your home page.

Back