:eek: Steve Jobs forgets to announce the PowerMacs at MWNY!!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Originally posted by CNet
Jobs Realizes He Forgot To Announce New Power Macs.

Earlier this morning, Apple CEO Steve Jobs awoke to the realization that he forgot to announce new Power Macs at last week's Macworld Expo New York.

According to Jobs, he was mortified. "It had been bugging me ever since I got back from New York. I kept thinking I had left something in the hotel room. Shoes? Toothbrush? What was it?"

"Then it hit me - I forgot to announce the damn Power Mac! Gah, I'm such an idiot!"

Jobs blames the snafu on a last minute switch of which item, the 17" iMac or the new Power Mac, was going to be the walk off "one more thing".

"I thought it should be the Power Macs but [Senior Vice President for Hardware Engineering] Jon [Rubinstein] thought it should be the iMacs," Jobs explained. "We were arguing about it right before I went on stage - 'Power Mac!' 'iMac!' 'Power Mac! 'iMac!' - when he switched on me! He started saying 'Power Mac!' so I started saying 'iMac!' It was just reflex reaction!"

Confused by Rubinstein's ploy, Jobs was then rushed on stage where he then neglected to make any mention of the new Power Mac, sporting a new enclosure and a faster processor. Other Apple representatives indicated they did not attempt to correct Jobs as they thought the new Power Macs might have been pulled at the last minute.

"How the hell was I supposed to know?" asked Senior Vice President for Software Engineering Avie Tevanian. "I just do the software, you know? They drop the machines off and we write the software for them. I don't know where the machines come from and I don't want to know. I'm just doing my job. Don't try to pull me into this."

When eyes then turned to Senior Vice President for Applications Sina Tamaddon, the Apple executive simply said "Hey, don't look at me. 'Applications.' Says so right on my business card. I don't know from hardware."

A disappointed Jobs said "It's really a shame, too, because it's a nice machine. It's got two full-sized bays for optical drives, a headphone jack on the front panel, 1.5 Ghz G4s and some cool-looking ventilation ports."

Jobs indicated Apple will likely introduce the new Power Mac at an "Apple Event" in late summer or early fall, after the Macworld furor has died down.

"No wonder everyone was so pissed off," Jobs said, shaking his head. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

Back