Epson Print Utility not working

Chuck Wehner

Registered
I have a Stylus Photo 780 but I can't access the print utility except in OS9. The utility is grayed out in my print status dialog box and the application print utility in the main Library folder shows no printers when I launch it.

Has the Epson utility ever worked for you from OS X?
Although the Photo 780 is natively supported in OS X, at least in Panther, there is no software for OS X available to download from the Epson web site. This may mean that there is no version of the Epson printer utility that will work in OS X with the Photo 780. You could try downloading a similar Epson model printer software that IS available to download, maybe the included Epson utility would work.

I think it has worked in the past, but to tell you the truth I don't remember. I will try what you suggested though and see if that works.

I have never got the Epson Utility to work in OS X. But the printer works fine.

I have an Epson 925 and have the Print Utility and it works fine for me.

Look here to see if you have one;

Library>Printers>Epson>Utilities

If you do, see if it works. If it does, make an alias and put it somewhere for easy accessibility.

I would delete the printer and it's software and reinstall and see if that helps.

There's no OS X drivers for the Photo 780 (although it is natively supported in Panther, and probably in Jaguar) This would probably explain why the Epson printer utility won't function with this printer.

My Epson Print Utility used to work fine with 10.3. It now does not work for my 1270. No printers are shown in the epson utility, utilities is grayed out in the print center utility. I also have iProofx utility and it does not list printers either, even though driver is loaded. My printer often has clogged nozzles and it is presently useless.

Steveo,

Did this happen when you installed the latest update? Some of Epson's printers do need to have a nozzle cleaning more often. Make sure you are using Epson inks.

Go to Home>Library>Preferences and trash the Epson Utility pref file. It could be listed as com.epsonutility.plist

Sorry for disturbing you: I have the same problem with an Epson SP890 and MacOsX 10.3.8, could you please give me a suggestion? Thank you so lot mister.
MG
Chuck Wehner said:
I have a Stylus Photo 780 but I can't access the print utility except in OS9. The utility is grayed out in my print status dialog box and the application print utility in the main Library folder shows no printers when I launch it.

The suggestions would be the same as earlier in this thread. Epson does not have updated drivers for you to download. But you can load the Epson2 printer drivers from the Panther install CD, which would include Panther drivers for older Epson printers, the SP890 would be one of those. Unknown if that would include a working Epson Utility.

Back