Finally found the world's biggest idiot! (PC'ing his G5...)

I had to e-mail this genius.

Dude, you must be on crack.

re: http://overclockers.com/tips1133/

You took a great machine, one most beautifully built and very capable and you put a Dell in it? I may be biased, but as capable as you are to do the mechanical work, you can't be very smart not to do some research.
You could run XP using VPC and max the ram for the work you put in it and hardly ever use the Mac portion if you're stuck in the Microsoft rut.

And dare I even mention iTunes? iDVD? iMovie? GarageBand? Etc?

I hope your parents don't find out because they will think you're not too bright.
You could have sold the G5 and bought the stuff to build a cheap Dell clone with and still have the cash to pay for a psychiatrist.
Good luck with future endeavors. Like putting a Yugo engine in a Corvette frame. Putting a cassette player in an iPod case and other equally inane tasks. Cheers.

his e-mail is cheeseburgerzx@hotmail.com. all I can say is wow. Let's hope he never produces offspring.

Yes it is a waste, but he does praise the workmanship of the Apple product "First I removed the fans, ductwork and the board. I had to disassemble part of the case - it's held together with star head screws. I have NEVER seen a finer made case."

And he gave the G5 parts to his Mac friend, so he can't be that bad. ;)

I feel sick! :(

At least he gave the innards to his Mac friend. I'd love to be so lucky to be the recipient of those parts - that might stop me from bashing his skull against a brick wall! :D

I saw the before picture and could not scroll down to look at what he did! I finally did and it was worse than I thought.

What a dolt!

Seems he wasted his 15 minutes in the limelight. The site is so busy my connection was refused.

Mind you, I like mods, but this is the most useless, dumbest (not even good enough to be called a) mod I have ever seen in my life. I hope this is just some troll trying to get a rise out of some Mac users....it would be more tolerable. What kind of idiot would do that??? Well, now we know what kind.

Heck, if he wanted a Dell he could have just told his parents that he wanted the Dell and have the Mac returned. No need to do that to a good rig.

Wow. What a jackass. If you don't want an Apple, kindly let your parents know that, and sell the thing! I ought to take his PC's and put PPC chips into them... then again, that would probably make the PPC chips depressed.
Its too bad Apple decided to mount the board on the opposite side, because you can only fit a Micro ATX board due to the location of the slots. I considered cutting out the entire back and doing a total swap with my old Dell PC, but I think it would have ruined the over all look to the case.
Well no shit, they didn't think you'd try to gut it and make some Frankenstein PC monster out of it.
When I showed my friend, who happens to love Apple, he looked sick. He did not say anything to me. He just put his hands on his head and was in shock. I wish I had a picture of that.
Sadist.
It’s a good thing my parents don’t know anything about computers, because I’m sure they would be really angry if they knew what I did. I have to say that I'm happy - I can keep on using XP.
Yeah, I bet they'd be pretty pissed. I bet they'd take it back and sell it off or something. Too bad you're stuck in the dreamworld and haven't awoken to reality.
I use it mostly for Internet, ripping music/DVDs and pissing off my friend.
This is probably the worst part. He took lots of time and energy to turn a G5 into a PC only to do stuff the G5 can do much better. What a dumbass.

brianleahy said:
One problem: so far, VPC still won't run on a G5. :(

still there are other virtual machine emulators that would have done the job on the G5. alot of them would have been free to if he felt like installing linux on it.

I couldn't agree with you more, Arden. I keep thinking about it and it just burns me up inside. Kind of like those Dell laptops in my office that would probably give you some nice 3rd degree burns on your lap. ::ha::

Arden said:
Wow. What a jackass. If you don't want an Apple, kindly let your parents know that, and sell the thing! I ought to take his PC's and put PPC chips into them... then again, that would probably make the PPC chips depressed.

Well no shit, they didn't think you'd try to gut it and make some Frankenstein PC monster out of it.

Sadist.

Yeah, I bet they'd be pretty pissed. I bet they'd take it back and sell it off or something. Too bad you're stuck in the dreamworld and haven't awoken to reality.

This is probably the worst part. He took lots of time and energy to turn a G5 into a PC only to do stuff the G5 can do much better. What a dumbass.

great! Now I come back and see so many posts and still the link doesn't work. Could anyone tell me what's there to see or finally post a working link? tnx! ;)

Zammy-Sam said:
great! Now I come back and see so many posts and still the link doesn't work. Could anyone tell me what's there to see or finally post a working link? tnx! ;)

I'm sure it will be back up soon (unless they're using IIS and Windoze. :p )

Trust me, you will get a sick feeling in your stomach. When I saw and read what he did, and what he ended up with, I literally got a sick feeling in my stomach! Like I had swallowed a brick! Such a shame! :(

Oops! My mistake! Now I got the correct link.
God.. this guy must be crazy. What has he done with the Mac parts? Maybe I can finally slaughter my pc and give it a good end with those mac viscera :D

Zammy-Sam said:
Oops! My mistake! Now I got the correct link.
God.. this guy must be crazy. What has he done with the Mac parts? Maybe I can finally slaughter my pc and give it a good end with those mac viscera :D

You would end up with a better machine. ;) I've been wanting to do that with some Mac parts and an ATX case. I haven't priced out the final outcome, so it might not be worth it...but it's an option.

The author says that he gave the parts to a friend of his.

Back